Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have any of you Aussie riders with the street 500 experienced any of the lag and leap issues reported on this forum? I've had my bike for about four months now, I have only done 1,000k's and have had no issues with my bike at all, only mod is screaming eagle exhaust and air filter, this is a great bike for me, I only ride it locally to check out the beaches of an arv after work and weekends, cheers
Mick
Ps Anyone around Port Macquarie or surrounding areas have a street 500 and want someone to ride with PM me, not many mates of mine own bikes

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
No problems with mine yet either. Just clocked up 1000km & have run it down to the low fuel light a couple of times.

Heres hoping it stays that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Mick,
I live in Port however my HD Street is not due for delivery till July.
Patiently waiting. I ordered a Red one with V&H pipe, tip, sissy, rack and back rest.

Zoro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi gold coaster with street 500 , just clocked up 1000 k, no issues what so ever , love the bike .
It's loosening up now and seems to ride better/ quicker on highway use .
My first ever bike , so glad I didn't go for a jap bike . i like it so much , carnt see me getting a 883 or sportster , rather upgrade the engine . It looks better than the 883 too .

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have we heard of any Lag & Leap issues from Australia or India or for that matter any bikes made in the India plant? I haven't but I've not seen everything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have just clocked up 1000km, have had my fuel light come on and not had any issues so far.

Love my bike, so hope this doesn't change.

·
Registered
6 Posts
has anyone looked into a 750 engine pricewise? or will a 750 top end bolt onto the 500. my son has a 500 here in Deniliquin. bought it new 2 weeks ago and has over 1,000 klm on now. will be in for a service soon.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
750 crank is different so I cant see it being as simple as just bolting the barrels on ala 883/1200 conversion.

750 crate motor is $5500AUD, seriously thinking about doing this instead of upgrading to a bigger air cooled model or VRod when I'm on my open license.

I would love to black out the cylinder head fins so that everybody thinks its still a 500. Hopefully there will be some performance internal parts for Revolution-X motors made in the next few years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts