Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late November and its about 70 degrees today here in Maryland... I'm stuck at work but anxious to get out and ride!! Might be the last good day for a while. Anybody else get a good ride in today?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
By the time that I get off and get home, it will be dark, so I wont even get to take advantage of the good weather today, but I was able to get a good ride in on Saturday, but I am not calling my riding season over yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree... there may be a couple of decent days left. I've been riding in the dark a little more often so I may just do that this evening. Hard to pass up getting out on the road when its this nice.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I agree... there may be a couple of decent days left. I've been riding in the dark a little more often so I may just do that this evening. Hard to pass up getting out on the road when its this nice.
I have never gone out in the darkness to ride, I have been out when it got dark but on my way home by then, my confindent is not up there where I can just jump on a bike in the dark to go riding, but I almost called out today, just to go riding....it you go...please be safe and wear reflective gear...which part of Maryland are you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
on what type of roads have you taken at night.
i fear having a deer or some animal run out at me with little warning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have never gone out in the darkness to ride, I have been out when it got dark but on my way home by then, my confindent is not up there where I can just jump on a bike in the dark to go riding, but I almost called out today, just to go riding....it you go...please be safe and wear reflective gear...which part of Maryland are you?
I usually stick to well lit roads, mostly highway and primary roads at night. I'm definitely more cautious/paranoid when its dark, but I feel like its good to get the experience.

I live in Severn, MD, smack dab in the center of the state. Right in the main corridor between Baltimore and Washington. Lots of traffic, but there's some nice motorcycle roads around as well.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I usually stick to well lit roads, mostly highway and primary roads at night. I'm definitely more cautious/paranoid when its dark, but I feel like its good to get the experience.

I live in Severn, MD, smack dab in the center of the state. Right in the main corridor between Baltimore and Washington. Lots of traffic, but there's some nice motorcycle roads around as well.
over here singing that song "its a small world afterall, it a small world afterall, its a small world after all....its a small small world"....I know where Severn MD is, i live in Lanham MD.

I think my paranoid of riding in the dark is more of being a female riding alone but the better I get the less paranoid.

So did you get some riding in last night??

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's always better to be safe than sorry. Happy to note the caution amongst the new riders. Please build up your skills before venturing into the unknown. I have been around for over half a century and wish all you guys happy and safe riding.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I didnt get a ride in last night:(... once I got off the job I just didnt have time before my team (Ravens) came on Monday Night Football. Might be able to this evening... before the rain and snow tomorrow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts