Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I noticed that there was coolant leaking from my bike. After taking off the peg assembly, I noticed there was coolant leaking from what appears to be the drain plug here: 20200511_210332.jpg
I was going to try and take it out to inspect the washer and tighten the bolt to see if maybe it just happened to get loose before I bothered with removing the entire assembly and checking it over, but it doesn't appear that I can get this all the way out. Was this an intentional design?
20200511_215636.jpg

Also, anyone happen to have any insight on how to prop up the gas tank to accommodate refilling from the radiator cap?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Don't you fill the water up by way of the overflow bottle on the right side near the back wheel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally I would, yea. However, in this instance the overflow was completly empty, and it appears to have leaked a good amount of coolant. I'm going to assume theres a possibilty the radiator may be lower than it should be on fluid so I was going to fill the radiator cap first. Then the overflow tank. Is that not advisable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts