Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I ride a 2007 Heritage Classic. I noticed a couple of days ago that my horn was not functioning. Today, I noticed that my left side turn signal is not working either. The hi/low beam functions fine as well as every other accessory on the bike. I checked over the fuses but everything looks good which makes sense as I suspect if it was a fuse then neither turn signal would work. I have a FOB and both turn signal displays go on as well as the turn signals themselves if i stand the bike upright out of reach of the FOB.

I found some other threads describing similar issues but in every case, in addition to the horn and turn signal, the head lamp is not working either. This is not the case as my head lamp and high beam are working fine. I am leaning toward some bad controls inside the housing but wanted to get some additional ideas or see if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

Thank you for help.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
It sounds like some bad connections in the bar mounted controls. Try disassembling it and looking for any obviously loose or frayed wires.

This hdstreetforums.com mostly caters to riders of the Street and Street Rod models, although many of us have or have had other bikes. Streets don't have the self-cancelling turn signals with separate buttons for left and right.

You might want to check out hdforums.com, specifically the sub forum for your model.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts