Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try swapping levers from other makes? Honda, Suzuki, Kawi or the like? Thinking about doing adjustable levers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm wanting to do the same thing but whether I do it or not depends on how much longer I keep the bike. Really don't like the up and down play in my clutch lever

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm looking into ASV levers once I can figure out how to fit them. They don't make them for Harley unfortunately so you'd have to fab something together. Anyone had luck switching to ASV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Only way I could think to do it without any issues or fab work is to get the full controls from another brand of bike. Haven't been able to find just the levers for our bike. Was looking for shorty levers

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also thought about switching to a completely different setup from something else. Basically the clutch perch and master are your usual dirtbike/small cc roadbike stuff, and for the brakes I was thinking similar to sporbike stuff... Haven't tried yet, so I'm unsure how I would go about it just yet.

I know they don't make anything for them as of yet in this department and agree with looking into other makes/models. I browsed through the Trackside brand that CycleGear carries in store, but did not have the OEM's in hand to compare. If I could at least get close (i.e. a little too big) I can mill down what I need for them to fit properly.

I'm thinking about this because this is my girls bike and she's having trouble using the levers comfortably, and kinda just making it work at this point. I don't wanna spend a bunch either, but I do like the idea of neat little mods to this thing. I'm by far too big for it, but I kinda dig it. I can get the front wheel up in the air, even with my big ass on it, sooo...... its a runner =)

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW I added adjustable brake and clutch levers to my wife's bike (she has small hands). The Street bars are standard 7/8" and you can just remove and replace. I think the brand was "Neverland". I got them off ebay. Check my garage photos for appearance.

Greg

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just bought a new master cylinder and clutch perch from a CBr600rr.. ordered adjustable levers for like $25.

Looks great and the brakes are heavily improved as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just swapped them out, the quality ok, the only thing I din't like that they cut slot on levers that might hurt your fingers, I filled it with black foam, work perfect for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gloves don't extend the fingers on small hands. As a matter of fact, I have yet to find gloves that fit my fingers and palm at the same time. I have apparently a medium palm and small fingers, especially the pinkie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts