Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i hav installed LED turn signals on my bike, can anyone advice on following,
1. Which load equalizers to use?
2. Separate equalizers for front & rear?
3. Which Brand to use?

·
Registered
766 Posts
if I remember right from web surfing info a while back, yes you will need two equalizers.....one each for front and rear signals

other wise they'll blink too fast....
brand?....at this moment I cant advise ya, but they are all fairly inexpensive.

I added audible beepers to my turn signals under the rear of the seat but didn't use equalizers and everything works good.

at lower speeds I can hear them to remind me to turn off my turn signals :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the front and rear at the same time and was concerned that I didn't receive any loud equalizers.
Seems you don't need em.
They hyperflashed after I completed the rear but corrected after finished the fronts as well.
I figured they only be necessary if you're running led and stardard bulbs on the same circuit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the front and rear at the same time and was concerned that I didn't receive any loud equalizers.
Seems you don't need em.
They hyperflashed after I completed the rear but corrected after finished the fronts as well.
I figured they only be necessary if you're running led and stardard bulbs on the same circuit.
Nope, i hav installed both front and rear LED turn signals, but still they are blinking very fast, specially when i switch all four all together....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nope, i hav installed both front and rear LED turn signals, but still they are blinking very fast, specially when i switch all four all together....

curious, what do ya mean when you switch all four together?

does your bike have hazard 4 way's where all four blinkers flash?

my ST does, but my street 750 does not....just curious what do you mean?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
curious, what do ya mean when you switch all four together?

does your bike have hazard 4 way's where all four blinkers flash?

my ST does, but my street 750 does not....just curious what do you mean?
Yes i hav installed the hazard switch, which switches on all four together.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi aabhisheksingh

can you please detail how u installed the hazard switch and the stuff required for diy.

Thank you
Yes Vicks....its quite easy to install, u just hav to mess a little with ur front indicators wiring, wht u require is a hazard switch and a tape for insulation....

U simply need to peel the positive wire of both the indicators(its blue in colour)and connect one wire each from the switch to both the indicators....job done...
Note:- There are only 2 wires in hazard switch, one need to be connected with right side blue wire, and other one, with the left side blue wire...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
which type of led indicators and load equalizers you have installed ?
Right now i am using after market LED indicators with smoked glass they cost me around Rs.6000/-, but hav also ordered Kuryakyn LED indicators with running/brake & turn function inbuilt....for all four i paid 180$.

For load equalizers, i hav ordered SDC dual load equalizers, they r gud and quite cheap also, for a pair i hav paid around 50$ including shipping.....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Right now i am using after market LED indicators with smoked glass they cost me around Rs.6000/-, but hav also ordered Kuryakyn LED indicators with running/brake & turn function inbuilt....for all four i paid 180$.

For load equalizers, i hav ordered SDC dual load equalizers, they r gud and quite cheap also, for a pair i hav paid around 50$ including shipping.....

after you get it all installed and working, please post pics or a you tube video if possible please :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi aabhisheksingh

Can you please put final photos ?
I am curious to see & wish to install at mine HD 750, also planning for FOG LED, any recommendation.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
They make a special Flasher for LED bulbs. No Load Equalizer needed. Would also be an Easier install.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts