Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any quite lengthy hauls on their street 750?, I know it was built as an “urban” bike and cruising at 70mph feels like I’m screaming the engine so I’m curious has anyone done any long trips as I’d like to plan some in the future

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
909 Posts
The limiting factor is really the rider and not the bike. We've had posts here in the past of guys taking these bikes to the Sturgis rally and other long trips. I was routinely doing 400 miles in a weekend or 300 miles for a single day trip. After that I would start to have leg cramps, but I hope that getting the forward controls installed will take care of that. I have actually packed everything I needed for a two week trip onto the bike, although I wasn't riding the bike for most of that journey.

Yes, the engine is turning more RPM's than most Harleys at freeway speeds, but it's built for that. In third gear you start hitting the rev limiter around 70mph or so. It has no problem doing 70-80mph all day long in sixth gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The limiting factor is really the rider and not the bike. We've had posts here in the past of guys taking these bikes to the Sturgis rally and other long trips. I was routinely doing 400 miles in a weekend or 300 miles for a single day trip. After that I would start to have leg cramps, but I hope that getting the forward controls installed will take care of that. I have actually packed everything I needed for a two week trip onto the bike, although I wasn't riding the bike for most of that journey.

Yes, the engine is turning more RPM's than most Harleys at freeway speeds, but it's built for that. In third gear you start hitting the rev limiter around 70mph or so. It has no problem doing 70-80mph all day long in sixth gear.
Appreciate the feedback thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts