Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I've ridden my 750 about 110 miles a couple of times on a few Saturdays here in South East Wisconsin. I even rode over 50 day after Xmas. A rare treat indeed. I have almost 4100 miles on my odometer when I put the bike away back around the first week of November.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Long ride

I just took a long road trip close to 700 kms... ~ 434 miles...

top speed of 160 Kms / hr .... i loved the way my 750 handled ..
I did 300 kms round trip two days ago with the odo at 1200 km - lots of vibration and was only able to achive a 100 kmph comfortably - beyond that it seemed to be straining - wonder what I should do about it..

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did 300 kms round trip two days ago with the odo at 1200 km - lots of vibration and was only able to achive a 100 kmph comfortably - beyond that it seemed to be straining - wonder what I should do about it..
I am surprised that your bike was straining to go beyond 100kmph. I have touched 140 kmph briefly and the bike was surging and raring to go beyond. All I can suggest is that you get your bike checked. Could be, it's starving for fuel and thus a loss of power especially at higher RPM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Straining

I am surprised that your bike was straining to go beyond 100kmph. I have touched 140 kmph briefly and the bike was surging and raring to go beyond. All I can suggest is that you get your bike checked. Could be, it's starving for fuel and thus a loss of power especially at higher RPM.
Yes Ayedee, thats what I was afraid of- I have installed the screaming Eagle air filter ( not the exhaust), but something sure is "up" with the straining :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I just took a long road trip close to 700 kms... ~ 434 miles...

top speed of 160 Kms / hr .... i loved the way my 750 handled ..
In a single day? That's a pretty good ride on any motorcycle for a day as even on my Sportster I like to limit a day's ride to about 250 miles although I've done over 700 miles on an "iron-ass" run. The longest one-day ride I made on my Street 750 was about 230 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts