Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

New here, I’m in the UK and looking for advice on street panniers/saddle bags with shock cut ways (Viking in particular)

My challenge is that Viking doesn’t ship internationally and the Viking stockist in the UK only stocks a few items mainly for Sportsters.

The main question I have is "has anyone fitted a set of Viking bags that were designed for the sportster (with shock cut outs) and if so which ones"

Second question, "if not Viking then what other bags are available with shock cut outs"

I did do a lot of searching both on here and Google but no definitive answers, there were a few mentions of 883 bags being used but nothing concrete to base a purchase on.

I also spoke to both Viking (US) and the stockist in the UK and the replies were basically “sorry not interested”

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought these Sedici bags, used. They fit to the rear and high. They don't ride on the shocks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
704 Posts
The cutouts for the shocks will give the bags a tighter fit to the side of the bike, but it's amazing how much carrying capacity you lose. On my Street I had done as @Clavinavi suggested and put some generic throw over bags on top of the saree guards. My Sportster came with Harley bags sporting cutouts. I swear the visually smaller bags on the Street actually have more volume and their relatively squared off lines with minimal slant has more volume than the H-D bags.

At first I thought you might be able to make a list of all the saddlebags that Viking lists for the Street and see which numbers also show up on the page for Sportsters. I don't see any overlap, though I didn't put a lot of time into it. Perhaps you can find something that way if you are more persistent than I am.

Another possibility is that Viking has an online chat tool for customer service on their website. You might ask their customer service folks if they have any suggestions or for specifics of what differs between the Sportster and Street versions of the particular style of bag you are interested in. The only difference may be something like the mounting kit that comes with the bag.

Reactions: Guaire and Lesblank
1 - 5 of 5 Posts