Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
March is here, with longer days and better riding weather, so here's our Match monthly mileage challenge. It's simple, Post a picture of your odometer at the beginning of the month and one at the end. Ending mileage will be due no later than midnight of the last day on month. If you own more than one bike then total miles on all count (only your miles count, not other rider miles), just have to submit beginning and ending readings for all bikes. We will do this every month so riders with limited riding weather during winter will have a chance during the summer. If you participatd in the previous months challenge your ending reading in that one will your beginning reading for this month. There will also be a winner for total miles at end of year if you join our Annual Mileage Challenge which you can join at any times:

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
614 Posts
How far north are you?

Here in central Iowa we will start to see temperatures above freezing for the morning commute later this week. That has usually been my limiting factor on riding to work. The county roads I ride in cooler temps, appear to be largely free of sand, which is another big help.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated the beginning mileage spreadsheet. @Propnut , you still with me? Would really like to keep this going and hopefully once weather breaks, we will have others join in. Can't all members here just have trailer queens. Remember, it's not actually who gets the most, but sharing the miles you do.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Hi Les, just been a little more occupied with my mother-in-law with a few medical issues and fitting her new hearing aids.
Attached is my mileage taken yesterday which will close off Feb and be the start of March 2021.

I am also attaching a picture of the bike I used in the last 12 years of my working life. Used every day when I was working shifts and later also when I moved up the ladder into the office. A super reliable bike - all I ever changed was battery and tyres.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm up high in the colorado...snow sand on the road til june. People can ride year round in the flats. but not up here.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Propnut , getting much riding in? We've had some nice weather the past two weeks. I've gotten a few miles in, 632, here's my trip meter I set on the first, not bad for less than half the month. Bummer part is we are looking at rain next week to 10 days.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Les our weather has been stinking hot with the humidity also sky high. Most days I sit just in shorts with a sweat towel around my nexk. I have not drunk so much water is many a year. Uncomfortable to ride and enjoy it, so it has been just two shop rides so far just to keep the working parts working.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds weird to type this, since our seasons are opposite, but hopefully fall will cool things down a bit so that you can enjoy some seat time. It's pretty easy to throw on another layer to stay warm, but you can only take off so many layers and stay legal. :eek:

·
Registered
590 Posts
It is wicked hot. If I go to the shop its shorts and a T-shirt and sandals with a bag on my back for the bread and milk and a few odds and ends. I park in the underground parking. With COVID it is a case of in and out as soon as possible. This is not so fun when you get back to the bike, as rising heat makes the tank sides hot and the heat hits the insides of your legs. So it is a quick start-up and get moving to bring down the rising heat. I use as much of the back roads to get to the shop and back due partly to almost no traffic as safety gear is non-existent. Also it gives the bike that has been standing a good workout on the gearbox, lots of up and downs

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm off tomorrow and supposed to rain all day. So here's my mileage. Pretty good month, first month over 1000 in a while.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Propnut , hopefully weather and life will settle down so you can get some more wind therapy time.

·
Administrator
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
March Mileage Challenge Winner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts