Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night was riding with a buddy who has a softail and he took off to the right after being at a light and so I went full throttle to catch up and was shocked at the hp number on my fp3 coming in at 83hp. Regular highway riding shifting up the higher speeds I've seen it at the high 50's low 60's so I am curious as to what everyone else has been getting as readings? I have stock air intake and two brothers exhaust.

·
Registered
155 Posts
According to the dyno run at CycleWorld, the stock Street 750 puts down 57.6 HP at the wheels. Figuring in your upgrades, you're probably gaining 5-8 HP at the wheels. Since the FP3 is measuring HP at the crank if I remember correctly, when you take into account the 20% parasitic power loss from the drive train and the belt final, it's calculating roughly 67 HP to the wheel. I'd say it probably rounds a bit high, since it's simply using a calculating algorithm to come up with the numbers and it's not really "measuring" anything. Real world dyno run would probably put you somewhere in the low 60 HP range.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@HowlOnWheels,

Given what I've read in Cycle World and factoring in some increased ponies (TBR claims around an 8% increase in HP) I've estimated mine at 62 HP which, if so, comports with what you are saying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts