Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 31 years of watching my parents ride Harley's i've finally decided to go and get my L's at the end of the month. Following that i'll be getting my hands on a Street 500.

I plan on doing a bunch of little mods just to personalise it but nothing too crazy.

You'll quite often see me asking questions that are very simple. Thanks in advance for answering anyway, haha.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The 500 is an exceptionally good motorcycle and I'm sure you'll really enjoy riding it. Fire away with the questions whenever you feel the urge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After 31 years of watching my parents ride Harley's i've finally decided to go and get my L's at the end of the month. Following that i'll be getting my hands on a Street 500.

I plan on doing a bunch of little mods just to personalise it but nothing too crazy.

You'll quite often see me asking questions that are very simple. Thanks in advance for answering anyway, haha.
Let us know when you get one. After 10 years I decided to go for my P's. I have booked in for the test in Deca Altona for 30th. I am keen in getting a Street 500. Let me us know which showroom you are getting it from. And if you don't mind letting me know the price you paid. Looks like its a standard price with no discounts. Regarding mods, I am only considering changing the Exhaust.
Cheers,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let us know when you get one. After 10 years I decided to go for my P's. I have booked in for the test in Deca Altona for 30th. I am keen in getting a Street 500. Let me us know which showroom you are getting it from. And if you don't mind letting me know the price you paid. Looks like its a standard price with no discounts. Regarding mods, I am only considering changing the Exhaust.
Cheers,
Passed my test yesterday. I did it at rider bros at the calder racetrack, i highly recommend that place, all legends, really looked after me.

Just put my deposit down for the street 500 and i should have it back by the end of next week. $11,000 from Melbourne Harley Heaven CBD. That was with a vance & hines exhaust, filter and tune upgrade. I also have planned on getting the tail tidy in a few months when i get off my L's onto P's. They have promised me labour free on that.

All up I'm siked, good friendly service. they even said i can keep coming in and take the street out on test rides until the bike gets delivered.

Mod wise... as well as the exhaust and tail tidy, i'll probably change the bars to drag bars, mirrors, take the light cover off and chuck the HD1 caps on it. I don't wanna go crazy on a bike that i'll only use for a few years. I may get a nicer looking seat, but only if i get bored haha.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Passed my test yesterday. I did it at rider bros at the calder racetrack, i highly recommend that place, all legends, really looked after me.

Just put my deposit down for the street 500 and i should have it back by the end of next week. $11,000 from Melbourne Harley Heaven CBD. That was with a vance & hines exhaust, filter and tune upgrade. I also have planned on getting the tail tidy in a few months when i get off my L's onto P's. They have promised me labour free on that.

All up I'm siked, good friendly service. they even said i can keep coming in and take the street out on test rides until the bike gets delivered.

Mod wise... as well as the exhaust and tail tidy, i'll probably change the bars to drag bars, mirrors, take the light cover off and chuck the HD1 caps on it. I don't wanna go crazy on a bike that i'll only use for a few years. I may get a nicer looking seat, but only if i get bored haha.
Good work mate - you will love it....can you put a V&H on with your P's?

I've changed bars, grips are now Harley ISO heavy ones, and will have the screaming eagle stage 1 kit in about 3 weeks

Enjoy it....watch the mirrors too, my dealer changed mine for lighter ones...they were hard to see past your shoulder -I'd suggest you INSIST they change them....they need changing period!

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
147 Posts

Good work mate - you will love it....can you put a V&H on with your P's?

I've changed bars, grips are now Harley ISO heavy ones, and will have the screaming eagle stage 1 kit in about 3 weeks

Enjoy it....watch the mirrors too, my dealer changed mine for lighter ones...they were hard to see past your shoulder -I'd suggest you INSIST they change them....they need changing period!

Cheers

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts