Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, some pics from the Melbourne motorcycle expo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, I flew down to check the bike out on my own so I didn't really speak with anybody else there (other than HD staff) about it.

I was very happy with what I saw, looked good & without actually riding the thing it felt good to sit on. All that's left for me to do now is get a pair of boots & wait till February delivery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We are being told it's feburary in perth also, so hopefully not much longer to go. Can't wait to see one in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice!!! just got a phone call from my dealership telling me they should have a demo bike in two weeks or so and mine will be here last week of January. waits almost over.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Do any of you Aussies know why the Street 750 isn't being imported? I've read several opinions on this but don't actually know the real reason.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Do any of you Aussies know why the Street 750 isn't being imported? I've read several opinions on this but don't actually know the real reason.
I asked my local dealer and they said they dont want to tale away business from theIron 883.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I asked my local dealer and they said they dont want to tale away business from theIron 883.

The decision didn't come from the dealers so I think your dealer was lying to you. Harley-Davidson didn't give dealers the option of "ordering" the Street 500/750 but instead the factory required the dealers to carry both. There was no "ordering" by the dealers in the US. Harley just shipped the Street 500/750 motorcycles and the dealers were required to accept them.

In truth the Street 750 does not compete with the Iron 883 as they are completely different types of motorcycles from virtually all perspectives. The Sportster and the Street aren't alike in any respect (except that they both have two wheels).

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

My guess would be that they already have a well established market for 883's here. The XG500 is being promoted as a learner approved bike as the main selling point.

XG750 would not be approved for learners here as in most states you cannot ride a motorcycle larger than 660cc until you are on your open license. In time I imagine they will introduce the 750 here as a smaller & cheaper option for VRod buyers. HD Australia most likely are testing the public acceptance of a very new & different type of bike for them before introducing further models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts