Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to start a post to document the evolution of my wife's 750 as mods get installed.....I'll list the mods, name and where I got them....

Day 1

Stock

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First mods...

Firebrand Grand Prix Slip on (Firebrand)

Axle nut covers (HD parts from the HD store)

Adjusted rear brake lever up for more leverage and shifting lever down so she can reach it with her foot better.

(I'll post close up pics as soon as I take them)

Attachments

Reactions: Firebrand

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mel and her 750 (and my Slim S)....Look out point, Lake Elsinore.

Attachments

Reactions: JMHD

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tribal foot pegs front and rear (knock offs) Amazon

Shift peg and brake pegs coming up shortly

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...it's coming along...I have to really stop myself from ordering stuff on line like a crazy man....there's so many things I want to do but with two new bikes (my Slims S and her Street), can't do it all at once....

She's getting a new helmet this week for Mother's Day.....I might go ahead and order the 11.5 rear shocks for the back, in black.....she's already wanting a new and bigger bike so I'm kind of hesitant to spend a lot of money on this Street....she wants the Low Rider S.....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just threw on the Burly 10.5" Slammers....

Wow!!!! What a difference….this thing looks badass now….beefier…….I'll try and get pics uploaded tonight but definitely tomorrow morning when I get to work....I'm using my phone to post and don't know how to post pics with this thing....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cant wait to see the progress. Like your wife, i too want to upgrade, but I will end up losing a ton of money in the process. So I will probably put in some more mods to my 750.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah....it's not cheap that's for sure....I got the shocks, brand new for $175.00 shipped free and I got them today...I placed the order yesterday...I'll post the info on the shocks tomorrow with the pics...I think I'm more excited about modding her bike than modding my own bike....

I took the belt guards off tonight as well...looks so much better....

Reactions: SgtTDC

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A few items on the list: take it to a muffler shop and have them cut out the catalytic converter and replace it with straight pipe....or a custom 2 into 2 exhaust.....reroute the crappy wiring and hoses Harley did on the Street....the wires will be more hidden on the left side than the right....new front sprocket and cover....FP3....new intake....some side cover foo foo to dress the left up....tribal shift and rear brake lever....just to name a few things....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here ya go....wife loves it...says it's actually easier to ride and turns much better.

Burly B28-1201B 10.5" Black Slammer Shocks (eBay)

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Removed the belt guards. Can't see that great in this photo but it looks better and cleaner. That front sprocket cover has got to go....I'll get a better picture this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cant wait to see the progress. Like your wife, i too want to upgrade, but I will end up losing a ton of money in the process. So I will probably put in some more mods to my 750.
Now that I've done a few mods....improved on the bike...she's even more excited about it and liking the bike more and more....I think once I get the exhaust done and the FP3 on there, she won't want to part with it....

I've reached out to some other bike shops and manufacturers but they're so wrapped up in wanting to make instant big money over night, they're not interested in making parts for the Street to see how the customers might respond....freaking idiots.....always want something for nothing.....few takes chances these days.....I say piss on them....we, as the community, will work together.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm new to riding so I can't say from experience how long it takes to get used to a different bike. How long has your wife been riding, Hellbilly? I am under the impression the Street is not her first bike, so I'm sure she knows her mind and experience. But you also commented you guys have less than 1K on it. I'm falling in love with it all over again at the 2.5K mark, but again, I'm new and have nothing to compare it to. That's just the mark I have really felt us as one. I hope she gives it a chance and begins to enjoy it more and more each day, as I have found. I think I could love mine even more at a lowered end of 2.5". I may have to give that one some consideration. Thanks for all of the great posts.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm new to riding so I can't say from experience how long it takes to get used to a different bike. How long has your wife been riding, Hellbilly? I am under the impression the Street is not her first bike, so I'm sure she knows her mind and experience. But you also commented you guys have less than 1K on it. I'm falling in love with it all over again at the 2.5K mark, but again, I'm new and have nothing to compare it to. That's just the mark I have really felt us as one. I hope she gives it a chance and begins to enjoy it more and more each day, as I have found. I think I could love mine even more at a lowered end of 2.5". I may have to give that one some consideration. Thanks for all of the great posts.
I started her out on dirtbikes.....on and off for the last 8 or 10 years....she just recently started riding street bikes and she gets on me about not getting into street bikes sooner...lol....she's had this a little over a month....she also took the HD safety course so she's really confident and aware of her bike as she rides it....

The shorter shocks...if I didn't post the shock numbers, I can post a link from the place I got them on eBay....$175.00 isn't bad for the shocks and the change it makes in the bike.....it sits lower giving her more leverage with her legs while maneuvering the bike with her legs (backing up and scooting forward)....

I saw your posts over at the other forum...thanks for chiming in....seems not a lot of traffic on the posts about the Streets.....I think it's a fun bike....if I wasn't so big, I'd be riding one myself....

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is why I need a big bike.....260 lbs is quite a stretch on the 750 suspension....LOL!!!

Attachments

Reactions: ycbrewster

·
Registered
150 Posts
I love the other forum for the Queens of the Road (a ladies forum) and for The Florida Crew forums (a local forum). But I must agree the Street forum is lacking. Hopefully with time that will improve. I am very happy to have found this forum this week, as it does seem to be more active (it's definitely more specific). So you're both new to street riding? How exciting. Enjoy your new adventures! The bike is coming along nicely!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love the other forum for the Queens of the Road (a ladies forum) and for The Florida Crew forums (a local forum). But I must agree the Street forum is lacking. Hopefully with time that will improve. I am very happy to have found this forum this week, as it does seem to be more active (it's definitely more specific). So you're both new to street riding? How exciting. Enjoy your new adventures! The bike is coming along nicely!
Nah…I've been riding most of my life…..on and off….the Slim S is my first Harley and the Street is her first street bike…..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts