Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Arizona now completed on Mancation 2014 I have now rode every bit of the 1465 miles of US Hwy 191. This last section was the Arizona section from the border of Mexico (Lots of border patrol check points) to the I-40 in Arizona... End to End completed.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats B, whats next on the to do list? ;)
I am working on old US RT 66... added a lot of that on this mancation....

Also want to run US Hwy 50 from End to End

·
Registered
139 Posts
With the Arizona now completed on Mancation 2014 I have now rode every bit of the 1465 miles of US Hwy 191. This last section was the Arizona section from the border of Mexico (Lots of border patrol check points) to the I-40 in Arizona... End to End completed.
That's a nice ride. I used to live in Safford, AZ and I've ridden the southern end many a time. Never got any further north on 191 than Clifton/Morenci though. It's on my to-do list. Beautiful country.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No but I have to catch a little up on Engineering work since I was away for a while. I will get them all posted eventually, but WORK is the curse of the "drinking class" so got to make some money.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a nice ride. I used to live in Safford, AZ and I've ridden the southern end many a time. Never got any further north on 191 than Clifton/Morenci though. It's on my to-do list. Beautiful country.
I love it especially from the copper mine to St. John, great ride.

You will see more of it, once you get the 750 you will have to come on up with the husband and ride the 191 to Jackson Hole, WY.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have heard many times before that Route 66 is one of the best roads to drive in the world. I mean it does have a fun song named after it, so it must be impressive.

Have you found it to be as beautiful as the internet would have me believe?

You should try to make your way north up into Oregon and Washington if you can. The roads along the coast line there are gorgeous.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have heard many times before that Route 66 is one of the best roads to drive in the world. I mean it does have a fun song named after it, so it must be impressive.

Have you found it to be as beautiful as the internet would have me believe?

You should try to make your way north up into Oregon and Washington if you can. The roads along the coast line there are gorgeous.
Sadly, Yusef, that's more legend than truth.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is unfortunate, is it at least better than most roads out there? There has to be some real truth to this, even a tiny bit.
I have rode about 625 miles of the original alignment. The legend is what makes Route 66 the ride. Depends on what you consider great? I ride the original Portland Cement anytime I can, which is not "great road way since it is ancient and in some cases abandon sections of road. But I like riding it for the history. You are in fact riding on parts of road that many an adventure took place, that the USA and in fact the citizens of the USA chased what life was about.

Many times you are in a town that no longer exists with broke down or dilapidate buildings long since abandon. But to be in them and know that what you are in was someone living, someone's dream is a kick to me. If you like looking at how time moves forward and no man can stop that, you will love riding Route 66. If like riding things like the Dragon's Tail on Route 129 you will not like it. Especially the more remote parts of Route 66 on the original alignment.

I have met very nice people chasing old Route 66. But it is not the "bikers dream road, it is a historic chase.

If you want to ride a road that is great... IMO you can never go wrong with riding US Route 50. One of the best US Highways a person can turn tire tread into memories on ......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts