Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even on slow speeds, my mirror started moving freely, I called my dealership and said they don't have any fix for this issue and they said to replace them.
I found a solution to fix this, I used a hot air gun and heated the mirror for 20 minutes and the glass came out. The ball inside the mirror is loose, and there are 3 threads one thread lost the head and drilled and screwd and it's very tight now, the problem is I couldn't find a good glue to stick the glass back inside the frame, I tried some hot glue guns and failed. Someone, please share the best glue to stick this mirror back in India

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi
I had a similar issue some time ago an a CBR600 - the glass in my mirror kept coming loose. I tried many glues and they simply did not work, probably due to the environment it was in etc. in the end I used some Gorilla glue - it was only about £5 - the mirror never came loose again!

·
Registered
107 Posts
this is what I needed to know as I wast to powder coat mt long stems that gave 24 k on them and the paint is gone,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try Rear View Mirror Adhesive.
I think he means the little tube of glue you can buy to reattach the rearview mirror of an automobile when the button comes unstuck from the windshield, causing the mirror to fall. Here in the United States you can pick it up for a few bucks at any place that has bits and bobs of automobile stuff.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have to ask are there any plastic parts after the glass us out? I cant really tell from the pics. I do need glasses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts