Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just purchased some after-market Mirrors for my Street 500 ... however I cant install them just yet as the adapters supplied with the mirrors (10mm metric thread) don't fit the 1/2inch threaded Mirror mount holes on the Clutch and Brake levers.

I've searched all around the internet for suitable adapters but to no avail.

Does anyone know where I can source adapters with 1/2" thread on one end and 5/16" thread on the other end ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Check closely at the mirror end on the original mirrors you've removed. The bushing should thread off as well, and you'll have the correct size. Just rethread the bushing back into the clutch/brake housing and the mirrors should fit into those.

You probably removed BOTH bushing and mirror by mistake

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looked at what you've described and yeah I think you're right ..... thanks I'll give it a try this evening.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just looked at what you've described and yeah I think you're right ..... thanks I'll give it a try this evening.
Ask me how I know ..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
504 Posts
So I have to ask ...... How do you know ? :)
I did the same thing! Turned both out when I removed the mirrors, and then also couldn't get either the extenders or the mirrors to fit.

I even talked to the dealer and they couldn't seem to figure out why either, at first. They then investigated some more and saw the 2 pieces on the mirror.

All along, after removing the mirrors, I figured HD needed an adapter to fit into the Street handlebars so we could do this.

Duh! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know where I might find a replacement for the L/H mirror adapter? The one that threads into the clutch assembly?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looking at extender, per above is half inch which works out to 12.5mm ! Gee, could find 8 or 10 mm , will either of these size fit

·
Registered
294 Posts
Did you see my thread Rear View Mirror Problem - Solved? I sorted mine out for a tenner - no need for threading anything ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saw it Botty.... did not see from eBay mention thread size, hence, my question. So a 10mm will fit perfectly. Great, thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep - exactly the same thread mate - not sure what it is, 10mm if you say so, but you will have no problem mate :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts