Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many have said our new Street 750 mirrors are horrible and unsafe
Would anyone know a part number for the extensions?
Or even an aftermarket part would be fine ….

·
Registered
309 Posts
@jsa3107,

"Would anyone know a part number for the extensions?
Or even an aftermarket part would be fine …. "

I installed H-D LONG STEM BLACK mirrors:

Right 91909-038
Left 91910-038

They cost around $35.00 apiece and attach in no-time-at-all. They look just like the useless stock mirrors but work flawlessly.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I also installed H-D LONG STEM BLACK mirrors:

Right 91909-038
Left 91910-038

These have worked fine for me, just the $74 plus hit my pocket a little hard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just brought a set of the HD Tribal mirrors. They work flawlessly and in my opinion look alot better than the long stem mirrors and extensions. However priced alot more as well.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I use mirror extention stay (#204-3385), made by Kijima, a Japanese company for mortorcycle parts. It is very cheep (20$) and effective, and does not harm the original designe, though I can't find it on the Kijima's online shopping site.

I had made a set that looks very similar to these.
the mirrors vibrated while riding :(
the extra thickness of the HD mirror extenders does not allow mirror to vibrate.

hopefully yours will not.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just purchased a set of bike master old school tube mirrors, they are far more adjustable than what I have seen from Harley. They are also on the lower end as far as price goes. Only paid $44 shipped and I am able to see behind me just fine now.

I like the look of these also.

·
Registered
504 Posts
@jsa3107,

"Would anyone know a part number for the extensions?
Or even an aftermarket part would be fine …. "

I installed H-D LONG STEM BLACK mirrors:

Right 91909-038
Left 91910-038

They cost around $35.00 apiece and attach in no-time-at-all. They look just like the useless stock mirrors but work flawlessly.

GOOD LUCK!
OK, now I'm frustrated .....................

I picked up a set of the HD Mirror Extensions.

After removing the original mirrors, and getting the "Extension" ready to mount, how do you mount it? The bolts they supply DO NOT fit the "mount" on the bike.

Does that make sense??

The original mounting "hole" on the bike does not go all the way thru, so obviously I require a "Black" bolt with the correct length, and thread configuration, OR, I'm missing something here?

HELP!

The dealer said to return them and they will refund me the money, hewever, I know you guys have mounted them already.

What the h3ll am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your information.
Mine does not seem too vibrate during a test drive. Depending on length and Material? Let me see during a longer drive.

·
Registered
766 Posts
OK, now I'm frustrated .....................

I picked up a set of the HD Mirror Extensions.

After removing the original mirrors, and getting the "Extension" ready to mount, how do you mount it? The bolts they supply DO NOT fit the "mount" on the bike.

Does that make sense??

The original mounting "hole" on the bike does not go all the way thru, so obviously I require a "Black" bolt with the correct length, and thread configuration, OR, I'm missing something here?

HELP!

The dealer said to return them and they will refund me the money, hewever, I know you guys have mounted them already.

What the h3ll am I doing wrong?

you are doing nothing wrong.
there is a you tube video of a guy that put these on his bike.
on that video "he tells ya what couple things you need and what size they are....(2 bolts and 2 acorn nuts )"

just search for Harley street 750 mirror extenders.

my memory is bad now days, but I think I got 2 black 1 1/4" long by 5/16 (?) dia black bolts with a 24(?) per inch thread count.

then with those you can screw the mirror extenders to the mirror brackets that are on the handlebars.

then I removed the top spacers off of the mirror stems and using black acorn nuts...again 5/16 (?) with 24 (?) thread count, I then tightened the mirror stems to the mirror extenders.

also, I think that i cut off the excess thread length of the mirror stems, once I knew what length they needed to be in order for the acorn nuts to fit and tighten properly.

these extenders will work and I think they work good for me. I kept my stock short stem mirrors because I don't want very tall mirrors.

sorry I cant remember details very well, I hear that is the 2nd thing that goes once you start getting old >:D.....not what was the first thing?.....lol

note: be sure to double check the size and what to buy, either with that video or maybe a member here can advise you for sure what size to get. there is also a thread here that states the size....I just don't seem to have any luck finding old post using this search feature here.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I returned the HD Mirror Extension Kit, and ordered the HD Tribal Mirrors instead. Hope they work better!

Thanks for the feedback Rock, but I was hoping they'd just bolt on. Not looking to "cut and fit" the existing ones. I'm surprised HD don't know that these won't fit a Street.

Oh well, Now I know

·
Registered
766 Posts
I agree, it wouldn't take much for HD to alter the mirror extension package to simply include the items for the street models, the acorn nuts do work though, but cutting the length of the stems is a bit of a pain. I screw a nut onto the stem just above where I wanted to cut, then take the bolt off after the cut is made. that helps to keep the threads useable for the acorn nuts to go on with out cross threading.

glad you found some safe mirrors that work for you. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've bought a set of stock mirrors from a wide glide same as the vrod mirrors. They are angled very different so it should work. Just haven't got them put on the bike yet

·
Registered
504 Posts
WTF, these Tribal Mirrors don't bolt on either!

The stem on the mirror is too small to thread into the handle bar!
Seems as if there should be a threaded insert that goes in first, then the mirrors thread into it!

WTF, even the dealership can't figure this one out! The Tribal Mirrors are even in the parts catalogue, in the "Street" section too.

These are going back too, until HD can come up with a part that "bolts on"!

I'm not impressed!

·
Registered
766 Posts
here are a few pics of my mirror extenders I got from HD.
now that I think about it, the bolts and acorn nuts came with the kit.
it shows that these fit the Street models.

I only cut the thread of the stems after I removed the spacer on the stems, if I'd left them on then they would have went on just fine without cutting them, but again I like my mirrors lower rather than higher.

hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts