Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am trying to in stall a set of Bike Master Old School Tube Mirrors, but none of the hardware fits the XG750. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to in stall a set of Bike Master Old School Tube Mirrors, but none of the hardware fits the XG750. Any suggestions?
I was able to use the stock hardware along with what came with the mirrors. It's just finding the right combination to get it all together. My bike is currently in storage so I am going to make it look a little cleaner once all the snow melts but here is what I have mine looking like at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought the same mirrors and got them mounted using combination of included hardware and stock hardware. I ended up going back to stock though because I couldn't adjust the pivot of the bikemaster mirrors up enough to see far enough behind me. Tried every which angle and way...maybe I'm too tall?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm curious what solutions people have come up with for mirrors. Harley does sell extenders now. Kuryakyn also sells mirror extensions but they are more angled.

·
Registered
504 Posts
HD Mirror Extenders PLUS the HD Tribal Mirrors ........................... this combination works great, and looks great! I'm very pleased with the outcome

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did order the Harley black mirror extenders. I let my girlfriend ride the bike on valentines day (had never ridden a bike) and one of the first things she said was she couldn't figure the mirrors out.

I kind of like the look of the Kuryakyn Bahn mirrors. They would match with the Harley edgecut trim stuff nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I'm curious what solutions people have come up with for mirrors. Harley does sell extenders now. Kuryakyn also sells mirror extensions but they are more angled.

My solution was "don't worry about it" because the mirrors on a motorcycle are really for seeing the lanes next to you and not behind you. While the mirrors on the 750 are closer together than the mirrors on my Sportster, making seeing directly behind me a little more impaired, I can't really see directly behind my on my Sportster very well either. Mostly the mirrors on a motorcycle are for checking the lanes next to (and behind) you when making a lane change and they work for that quite well. A motorcycle is not a car and many expect the mirrors on a motorcycle to be like the rearview mirror on a car where you can look directly behind you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My solution was "don't worry about it" because the mirrors on a motorcycle are really for seeing the lanes next to you and not behind you. While the mirrors on the 750 are closer together than the mirrors on my Sportster, making seeing directly behind me a little more impaired, I can't really see directly behind my on my Sportster very well either. Mostly the mirrors on a motorcycle are for checking the lanes next to (and behind) you when making a lane change and they work for that quite well. A motorcycle is not a car and many expect the mirrors on a motorcycle to be like the rearview mirror on a car where you can look directly behind you.
Wow!!! And your a moderator of this forum? Though your right that it is important to be able to see the lanes next to you, however, YOU ARE DEFINITELY WRONG when you say "not behind you". If you have been riding even a fraction of the time I have (48+ years) you know that a blind spot behind you is the worse condition imaginable. 1st, you can easily deal with blind spots to the lanes next to you; a quick turn of the head takes care of that. 2nd, the vehicle behind you may end up rear-ending you and you would have NO chance to react because you won't see it about to happen. 3rd, and probably the most important, when you need to make a decision whether to swerve to avoid or make an emergency braking maneuver the vehicle behind you becomes the deciding factor -- you'll want to make sure he/she has enough spacing to both react to your braking and brake themselves. If they don't have the spacing you'll want to swerve to avoid instead of brake.

NOTE: The inability of the stock mirrors to provide a view behind me was almost a game changer; I manage to solve it by adapting the Harley mirror extensions with screws and washers from Ace Hardware as you can see in the attachment.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts