Registered
203 Posts
did you shorten it mate?

How's it sound now? a bit more bark'ey?

looks the goods

·
Registered
367 Posts
Any straight on side shots? Looks way better. I didn't like the look of the two brothers at all, stock that is.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is this guy who is having the tins to his old Knuckle Head restored in the shop, and he also has some mad skills with the tig. After talking with Dan at TBR, my buddy Chris pulled it apart and went to town on it and had it back together in a few hours.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tail section

What do you have planned for the tail section?
I like what you have done so far. how does the bike like the TBR pipe?
Is it made for the XG or did you modify it to fit?
Love this stuff!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For the back ... it's a work in progress and I don't really know how to explain it as well as with a final picture but we're taking the piece below, splitting it and attaching it to the frame at the factory mounting points. We're going to build up the piece into a seat pan with glass.

We're using a 3D printer to print pods or cups I guess you could call them, to go into the frame where I made the cuts to remove the back of the bike. That's where we're stashing some LED signal and stop lights.

As for the pipe, I had a new one and had a guy pull it apart by cutting out the tack welds and then he shortened it up and did what needed to be done to piece it back together. He's a wicked dude >:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice!!
Cant wait to see the final product.
Thanks! I had hoped to have it finished last month, family, work and life all sort of took hold of me and this project had to go to the back burner for a bit.

Soon enough though I hope.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got word from Dan @ Two Brothers Racing ... Sounds like they're going to be developing a new pipe for the Street 500 & 750's based off of the mods I did to my pipe the other day ... so soon, it'll be out soon ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts