Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question,
Have a aftermarket motorcycle radio. It has a single wire for antenna. The antennas I've looked at have the same type end that a car would have. So is the single wire out of the radio it? Thats the antenna? Or is there a adapter to use for the aftermarket antennas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using a cell, and to post pics I see its drag an drop.
But the wire is just a plain old wire, just like a speaker wire.

Any radio guerus? I got a pyle 100amp radio with ungodly 5in monster size 50w speakers. They look like head lights, I mounted them on the crash bars. Didn't like the look, I removed them, then bought 300w 3in speakers.

My problem is they are just not that loud and the radio volume only goes up to 30. Do I need a preamp or a amp?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I'm using a cell, and to post pics I see its drag an drop.
But the wire is just a plain old wire, just like a speaker wire.

Any radio guerus? I got a pyle 100amp radio with ungodly 5in monster size 50w speakers. They look like head lights, I mounted them on the crash bars. Didn't like the look, I removed them, then bought 300w 3in speakers.

My problem is they are just not that loud and the radio volume only goes up to 30. Do I need a preamp or a amp?
is there a hole in the back of the radio where a Motorola plug fits into? if so then an automotive antenna should work, the one loose wire may just be a radio chassis ground wire. ...also "beautyandthebeast" is a member here and seems I remember seeing pictures of her bike that had handlebar motorcycle speakers, might message her and ask her about how loud the volume is on those....personally i use a Bluetooth speakers/headset thru my iphone and Pandora for my mooosick! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts