Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

Mt. Evans

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Botty 
#1 ·
I have the title of first to the top of the world on a XG 500 and I did it again today!
Hwy 103 rocks!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Lol, now you are trying to embarrass me ! :)

Where I live there are no mountains for many miles - Snowdon is the closest to me but there are no roads to the summit. When I was younger and fitter I walked / climbed it with some friends - but it's only 1,085m. If I went now I would make use of the railway to the summit! :)

One of my favourite rides which takes around three hours there and back is just over the border into Wales and is called the horseshoe pass but that is only a mere 417m. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_Pass

But there is a nice cafe' on the top called the Ponderosa which is a good meeting place for bikers. Ponderosa Cafe & Horseshoe Pass Complex

I often ride there as it is a short detour for me when I ride to the coast in Wales.

I much prefer these type of roads and those you have in your area to the motorways which to me are miles and miles of nothing to look at other than the tail pipes of lorrys! :(

#9 ·
Yes, I guess it's not bad - a mixture of relatively fast highways then quite a lot of countryside and hills - we don't have goats, they are sheep and you have to be very wary of them simply walking down the middle of the road!!! Having said that I am quite partial to a leg of lamb!

I am getting withdrawal syptoms at present. To save a bit of money last year I limited the insurance mileage to 4,000 miles and I have now gone over that so I can't ride out far until my new insurance starts - only 3 weeks to wait ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.