Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am looking at the different Muffler Options available. And am having a Hard time deciding. My plans are to have Saddle Bags and a Luggage Rack. So I am thinking, It would probably be better if I used a Long muffler. Some stop inside the brake Rotor. Some go to the Rim.

What do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi all. I am looking at the different Muffler Options available. And am having a Hard time deciding. My plans are to have Saddle Bags and a Luggage Rack. So I am thinking, It would probably be better if I used a Long muffler. Some stop inside the brake Rotor. Some go to the Rim.

What do you think?

Thanks

There are several good exhaust options available, all of which are much better than stock. But if a longer length is your objective you will not be disappointed with the Two Brothers (TBR) Comp.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is, I'm not sure if a Short muffler would be good with Saddle Bags. The longer would push the exhaust back away from the bags.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I am going to try the Firebrand Grand Prix slip-on. The Bassani, From what I read, Are Obnoxiously Loud. I leave for work 6:30am. And go through some small towns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Get the exhaust you want not what the neighbors like ? I have TBR on the street and rineharts on my king. Hubby has a cobra on his switchback.
We leave about 5:30 am daily. Just don't rev it while u leave ?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Hope I don't have a problem with putting Saddle Bags on later.

·
Registered
766 Posts
if...I had or was planning on getting saddle bags, then I'd choose the longer muffler.......less chance of heat damage problems on the bags. IMO

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Flip Side is, Longer muffler may touch the bottom of the bag. I guess its one of those things, You need to try it first.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As you would have seen in my pics....i've done the saddle bags and the muffler, as Rock suggests - get the longer muffler , helps disperse the heat from the bottom of the bags

There is a guy on here who sells the saddle bag supports....i'm trying to make contact...he's based in India. The bags I have put on don't actually need the support...but i'll stick them on

R

·
Registered
283 Posts
As you would have seen in my pics....i've done the saddle bags and the muffler, as Rock suggests - get the longer muffler , helps disperse the heat from the bottom of the bags

There is a guy on here who sells the saddle bag supports....i'm trying to make contact...he's based in India. The bags I have put on don't actually need the support...but i'll stick them on

R
All Streets sold in India come with what is called a SAREE GAURD. It's primary function is to stop the dress of the lady riding pillion from entangling in the rear wheel. However, it's a fantastic support for Saddle bags. Most guys including me end up removing it as it totally spoils the look and the existing seat on the bike will never allow a lady to sit side saddle on the pillion seat. So it's just lying around in my garage somewhere.
If you want it, take mine by paying for its shipping and a small remuneration for me. I leave it to you to decide the price.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just sent Revzilla an e-mail. Asking to Cancel the Firebrand Megaphone. And told them I need to place a new order later for either a Bassani or TBR. And told them why.

I went to HD's website and looked at their saddle bags. They extend past the rim. Into the tire (Most rearward side). The Longer muffler would be better.

I am afraid to use the Bassani. I want Roar. Not Obnoxious. Screaming Eagle is a little louder. Don't care for the diffuser. Looks like an afterthought.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All Streets sold in India come with what is called a SAREE GAURD. It's primary function is to stop the dress of the lady riding pillion from entangling in the rear wheel. However, it's a fantastic support for Saddle bags. Most guys including me end up removing it as it totally spoils the look and the existing seat on the bike will never allow a lady to sit side saddle on the pillion seat. So it's just lying around in my garage somewhere.
If you want it, take mine by paying for its shipping and a small remuneration for me. I leave it to you to decide the price.

I noticed that. Didn't know what it was actually called. Thought it was for the type of roads (Dirt) that you would expect in India.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts