Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day. Just bought my first road bike in a MY2017 Street 500.
I'm finding that the alarm fob sometimes struggles to be recognised by the immobiliser/alarm system in the back of the bike. Is anyone else having this problem before I go back to the dealer to sort this out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. Been told not to leave for on keys as your body disrupts the signal to the antenna..under the back somewhere? I haven't tried yet but I might put it in my saddle bag and see if the no fob thing persists..its not always!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try putting the fob, by itself, in the riding boot that you swing over the bike. Turn the ignition and engine cut-out switch (if you use it) to run then straddle the bike as normal. If the fob is working the bike should be mobilised and start, assuming the aerial is in the rear of the bike and there are no other ignition cut-out switch. For example, stand down or clutch pulled in or neutral selected.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi I have the same problem with my bike. Sometimes it does not recognize the fob. With the FOB batteries charged it works better so every year at the beginning of the season I change the batteries of the fob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts