Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first motorbike accudent cMe yesterday on xmas eve. Taking off at a set of lights and i had lane filtered to the front and was in fromt of the line.
Light went green and went to take off and the lady behind me run straight into me and crushed my leg.
Had to have an opperation and now in hospital for xmas day :(

But luckily tjere was no damage to the bike apart from a dint in tje safdlebag.

Happy holidays everyone take care when riding

·
Registered
204 Posts
My first motorbike accudent cMe yesterday on xmas eve. Taking off at a set of lights and i had lane filtered to the front and was in fromt of the line.
Light went green and went to take off and the lady behind me run straight into me and crushed my leg.

Don't let it get you down and take care, and have a Merry Christmas if you can.

Next time wear a leather vest that says Hells Angels on it...LOL!! They will see you then.

That is one reason I always flash my breaks lights for the cars behind me and never, ever, filter to the front of traffic and piss people off. Plus it’s illegal here in Illinois.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I Agree. Its Illegal in NJ. People can get Pissed off, And try to run you off the road. I have done it on occasion. But I try not to be a jerk about it. And its usually when I am making a right turn and my blinker is on.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad that you're well enough to talk about it! Take care, and hope you and your family have a good Christmas

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sad news but the fact that you are almost Ok takes the sting out of the tale. Now keep on the good side of the nurse, otherwise the next injection goes in twice as deep!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sorry about your accident. I am quite militant about respect for bikers, and occasion have corrected people in cars about their lack of respect, and general not looking where their 2000 lb+ weapon is heading. We as a group have to be ever vigilant. If you don't take that kind of attitude you are predisposed to have a crash. They don't look out for us so we have to look out for ourselves twice as hard. I, myself look at each intersection as a potential crash and do what I can to avoid it as best as possible even if it means I stop and pull over. I never just roll the dice.
Charles

Reactions: Propnut

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Charles,

"We as a group have to be ever vigilant."

AMEN! Throughout the years I've had occasion to ride with some who take stupid chances, speed to excess and expect others to do the same. At my age I don't mind riding alone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Take care and don't let it get you down, don't let this discourage you get back in that saddle!!
Wish you a speedy recovery! Enjoy time with your family.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I usually cut the lines when traffic is around and I live in Miami. Were you in the center of the land when she ran into you, or off the the side a bit?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I Agree. Its Illegal in NJ. People can get Pissed off, And try to run you off the road. I have done it on occasion. But I try not to be a jerk about it. And its usually when I am making a right turn and my blinker is on.
You are 100% right on that one.

Was it really an accident or something done in road rage? I know people hate it when they have to wait at a light or traffic jam and a bike filters through.

·
Registered
187 Posts
sorry to hear about any accident, especially during the holidays.

when i lived NY/FL I wouldn't dare to filter thru traffic in my V-rod, though i would see plenty other bikers do so in the NY/NJ area.. but here now in Philippines, if you operate any vehicle that has less than four wheels on the roads here , it is almost as if your God given right to filter thru the horrendous traffic. it's a little tighter with the Street750, as opposed to easy peasy with a Honda 125

Reactions: 10-64
1 - 12 of 12 Posts