Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I've been lurking here for awhile so I could decide on a Street or Triumph Bonneville. After sitting on both and comparing until I thought the dealers were going to set up a tent for me, I went with a Superior Blue 2016 Street 750. I've previously owned 2 Honda Rebels and a Triumph Bonneville. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about this bike!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Good choice, and, Welcome to the Forum, from SW Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Greetings....... I've been where you're at. About six weeks ago my 2008 Suzuki Burgman was stolen. The insurance company finally settled last week. As soon as I got their settlement offer I went and bought a new Harley Street 750 (2015). Ever since the bike disappeared I've been looking at various bikes. I'm old and worn out and do not have the inclination, nor the money to wrestle with a big bike. I've only owned a handful of bikes over my lifetime. A Cushman Eagle, Honda 350, and my Burgman. The Burgman had an automatic tranny and I have not shifted a bike in 35+ years. I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up right away, I hope. Anyway back to matter at hand, I looked at every kind of bike imaginable, Hondas, Kawasaki's, Suzukis, etc.. I'm kind of partial to American-made motorcycles. The Japanese do make a **** of a good bike though. I don't like the looks of the victory, or the price and size of the Indians. Most Harleys are out of my price range, even the smaller ones. I'm kind of on a budget being as my scooter was seven years old and was reflected in the insurance settlement. Doing my daily motorcycle search I happened once again upon the street 750. It looked like a real motorcycle and not some adventure bike or crotch rocket. It was in the size I was looking for and the 750 was ideal for my purposes. Pricewise, the dealer (Apols in Raymond Minnesota) made me a nice offer on a left over 2015. With all the options I wanted it was in my price range out the door. I didn't buy this bike because I had to have a Harley, or because it was the only one I could afford, I bought it because it was exactly what I was looking for. I won't know for several months whether I made the right decision or not, time will tell. For that matter I never even rode it. After all it was 15°F when I went over to the dealership. So hopefully we'll enjoy our bikes like everyone else on this forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Corky I agree with you! I think the Street will be perfect for me. I'm in Nashville so there's some hope for a few nice days to get my bike out. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey, Corky and Mcb:

You won't be disappointed . I've had lots of bikes in my life and this one stands out.

Good Riding, My Friends!

JMB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts