Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am definitely getting a bigger font wheel anyone know wht will fit? I know im going with a 19 inch and i think the berings are 24mm what do i need to find?

·
Registered
367 Posts
One place used a nightster hub and a duna hub. Unfortunately I don't know jack about harley hubs so I don't know what years, models, styles etc use these hubs. I had asked specifically about their spoke wheels, so an aluminum wheel should be the same I would think.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Barnes Harley Davidson in Langley put a 23" on the front and managed to get an 18" on the rear of the bike for their custom build, without hacking the bike.
They also changed out the stock forks and put wide glide forks on a street to accommodate that 23" front wheel. I have taken a still from the video just to gaze in wonder.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm picking up a set of 13 spoke Sportster rims.....just needs a spacer on the front rim from what I was told by someone who runs a set on their 750....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just to clear things up a bit... our custom wheels for the HD Street are not Sportster, or any other Harley wheels for that matter (XG is completely different). We have custom made hubs - CNC machined with the XG cushdrive adapter for your belt drive built in. I'm sure you can make a front wheel fit from another bike with some modifications, but what about the rear? Our wheels and hubs have been designed from scratch just for the XG models. Some other company tried to make a few (and used pictures of our bikes in the process) but they are not our wheel company. We have a cnc company making our hubs exclusively and specifically for us.

If you try to make your own here is the breakdown from "most" vendors...
2 custom CNC cut hubs and custom XG cushdrive $1000 +, Aluminum USA made hoops, $600 + Stainless spokes $250 +, Don’t forget custom color Powdercoating - assembly labor, truing, hand painted pinstripes, etc… well over $2500 to piece them together yourself. That doesn’t include the 1-off CNC programing fees you will be charged to design a hub nobody else makes yet. So probably closer to $3000 to make 1 set of custom spoke wheels by yourself.

We have a very small margin on these as it is, so unless CHINA starts making them the price is what it is for now.

-CC

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just to clear things up a bit... our custom wheels for the HD Street are not Sportster, or any other Harley wheels for that matter (XG is completely different). We have custom made hubs - CNC machined with the XG cushdrive adapter for your belt drive built in. I'm sure you can make a front wheel fit from another bike with some modifications, but what about the rear? Our wheels and hubs have been designed from scratch just for the XG models. Some other company tried to make a few (and used pictures of our bikes in the process) but they are not our wheel company. We have a cnc company making our hubs exclusively and specifically for us.

If you try to make your own here is the breakdown from "most" vendors...
2 custom CNC cut hubs and custom XG cushdrive $1000 +, Aluminum USA made hoops, $600 + Stainless spokes $250 +, Don’t forget custom color Powdercoating - assembly labor, truing, hand painted pinstripes, etc… well over $2500 to piece them together yourself. That doesn’t include the 1-off CNC programing fees you will be charged to design a hub nobody else makes yet. So probably closer to $3000 to make 1 set of custom spoke wheels by yourself.

We have a very small margin on these as it is, so unless CHINA starts making them the price is what it is for now.

-CC
Do you made wheel Rim for street 750? I like Turbine style. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts