Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome! Shell Point is nice and quiet isn't it!

nice to see more folks getting into the Streets in the area.

Did you get it locally?

We're just in town form Woodville

Reactions: armygator

·
Registered
231 Posts
What type of mirror adapters did you use? That's the first thing I noticed, I thought it was some goofy mud guard or something..... And honestly I liked the Maroon one, the blue one, but since Harley didn't paint the entire bike, the teardrop fairing nor the rear fender mounts, to me it clashes and looks like a$$ regardless of the color scheme you get, even with the denim black you get gloss black parts, what kind of crap is that? I wanted the whole bike one color, and it would have been even more expensive to get paint matched and then "clean up" the parts that are missing the colors.... Not worth it to me, plus the gloss black grew on me, now I did everything jet gloss black, which to me is hawt!!!! Tomato tomatoe to each their own...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Ceddie! I did get it locally thru the dealer. They found it at one of their dealers down south.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mirror adapter

What type of mirror adapters did you use? That's the first thing I noticed, I thought it was some goofy mud guard or something..... And honestly I liked the Maroon one, the blue one, but since Harley didn't paint the entire bike, the teardrop fairing nor the rear fender mounts, to me it clashes and looks like a$$ regardless of the color scheme you get, even with the denim black you get gloss black parts, what kind of crap is that? I wanted the whole bike one color, and it would have been even more expensive to get paint matched and then "clean up" the parts that are missing the colors.... Not worth it to me, plus the gloss black grew on me, now I did everything jet gloss black, which to me is hawt!!!! Tomato tomatoe to each their own...
Dragon, I actually forgot about putting those on the bike... I guess it's not TOTALLY stock. I first bought extended mirrors from the dealer. I could still only see my shoulders in the mirrors. So, I bought these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W67TJV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work great and I can see what is coming up behind me!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dragon, I actually forgot about putting those on the bike... I guess it's not TOTALLY stock. I first bought extended mirrors from the dealer. I could still only see my shoulders in the mirrors. So, I bought these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W67TJV6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work great and I can see what is coming up behind me!
I read a ton of comments of people asking about the 500/750 mirrors, 3 people said yes, Some Army Cat said it fit 100% while 3 others said no it didn't fit and it was poorly made.... But obviously from seeing them first hand, it should work...

What were there if any flaws? I am assuming you used blue or red loctite on the adapters? I was going to get the 2" extensions from Harley tomorrow, but the HD ones only move them up, the ones you have move them up and out left/right and that was the design flaw with these mirrors, way too short and the angle wasn't taken into consideration....

For $16 you can't beat it, the HD ones are $30 and they are in chrome only, so I'd have to get someone to powder coat those... I'll take my chances with those you have...

If all else fails I will just cut and weld cut and weld... and call it a day....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Reactions: armygator

·
Registered
231 Posts
Meh, didn't like the tribal style... Edge Cut or Diamond knurled black for me.... And I went with the diamond black complete setup, hand grips, F+R foot pegs, and the shifter peg. Even though they do wear out, like everything anodized/painted, the grip strength is second to none in that department... Even with gloves on, sweaty hands, layered gloves, it grips no matter what... However, its like the Glock RTF frame texture, I have to put a cover over my boots due to the sandpaper friction effect on softer materials, including my HD boots...

So I already ordered them, be here in a few days and I will take pictures but I can't upload them due to a 20kb restriction for some reason... Wouldn't even let me upload a basic schematic for HD PDF instructions in another thread....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts