Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a progress thread haven't done much to my bike since I picked it up and convinced myself I wouldn't do anything to it...

Street 500, Bassani Exhaust, Cafe Solo Seat.

Today
Removed front fork reflectors because black is better than safe.

Under bar end mirrors, they don't hit the tank, $20 from eBay, might look at getting some better quality ones and new grips if I like the placement. So far looks like I can see a lot more than my shoulders which is a positive.

Currently in the post...
Stone Free Horn Relocation
New Rage Cycles Fender Elimination Kit
New Rage Cycles LED Clip on turn signals

Thinking...
Black shocks
Bar riser and flat bars
New grips
Air filter?

Might ditch the NRC kits and see my local HD custom shop to see if we can replicate the tdcmoto turn signal/number plate deal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just wanted to start a progress thread haven't done much to my bike since I picked it up and convinced myself I wouldn't do anything to it...

Today

Under bar end mirrors, they don't hit the tank, $20 from eBay, might look at getting some better quality ones and new grips if I like the placement. So far looks like I can see a lot more than my shoulders which is a positive.

Currently in the post...

Thinking...
Black shocks
Bar riser and flat bars
New grips
Air filter?

Might ditch the NRC kits and see my local HD custom shop to see if we can replicate the tdcmoto turn signal/number plate deal.
How do you like the Bassani exhaust? My dealership has these and I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mods

Today

Currently in the post...

Thinking...
Black shocks
Bar riser and flat bars
New grips
Air filter?

Its an addiction once you get started.
If you are on Facebook go to Peterson's Harley-Davidson of Miami North and check out the build pics
If you need part #s let me know
HAVE FUN

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an addiction once you get started.
If you are on Facebook go to Peterson's Harley-Davidson of Miami North and check out the build pics
If you need part #s let me know
HAVE FUN
I don't have Facebook but just saw the Facebook photos!

Would love to know what parts are used here?

You saw you said a dyna running/stop/turn harness was used? is this simple to install? Also the 1200XL indicators? but are the stems harley parts?

Also... are these LED? did you need a load equaliser?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Updates!

Cleaned up the look of my Street 500.

New Rage Cycles fender eliminator kit
New Rage Cycles clip on turn signals at the front
Stone Free horn eliminator bracket

I'm also looking into getting a sissy bar made for it as I hate the HD one they sell of the street.. that will be my next and final update. (until I think of something else I want to do!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I really dig those fork mount indicators. Look much better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Updates!

I'm also looking into getting a sissy bar made for it as I hate the HD one they sell of the street.. that will be my next and final update. (until I think of something else I want to do!)
Does your tail light stay on all the time?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Updates!

Great job done. Your bike really looks superb. Could you share The source of these lights or make and model, etc?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great job done. Your bike really looks superb. Could you share The source of these lights or make and model, etc?
If OP somehow got them for a better price from a cheaper source, I would love to know too! However that is highly unlikely for I have here the official website for the LEDs.

http://www.newragecycles.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=1895

I did not really care for these when I first came across them but after seeing more and more pictures of them....they are growing on me. :p They are just a tad but expensive for me atm...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If OP somehow got them for a better price from a cheaper source, I would love to know too! However that is highly unlikely for I have here the official website for the LEDs.

New Rage Cycles: Harley Davidson Street 750 Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories

I did not really care for these when I first came across them but after seeing more and more pictures of them....they are growing on me. :p They are just a tad but expensive for me atm...
Sadly, got these straight through NRC, pricey + shipping to Australia, but well worth it to clean the look of the bike up.

I have seen a shop in Japan is also going a lot of custom parts for the Street 500.. ????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sadly, got these straight through NRC, pricey + shipping to Australia, but well worth it to clean the look of the bike up.
Did you so the installation yourself? If so how challenging/detailed was the process (are the directions clear and easy to understand)? If not, how much did it cost for the dealer to install?

Also, I am curious how you were able to keep your license plate on the back.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts