Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to be Green, just had it painted. Tuffside tail tidy and seat. V&H exhaust. No engine mods yet, not sure what the benefits will be for a lot of money, after all its not meant to be a speed machine. Would welcome comments on this. Based in Margate UK

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
She's pretty, that's a really neat paint job.

If you're thinking about modding her, consider getting rid of the OEM air filter Steve. Fitting the S&S Stealth Air Filter to my Street Rod made a huge difference, for not a great deal of dosh. The engine revs much more freely, throttle response is much sharper and you can really feel the extra horses as promised by S&S.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Phil, The Orange is Pearl and the Black has a Silver texture effect which does not come through in the pics. Really pleased with it. The S&S filter is a straight bolt on without any fuelling issues ? Can I source it in the UK or USA only ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The S&S filter will have to be shipped over from the US. I haven't seen it anywhere over here yet, but don't take that as gospel. It's available from S&S themselves (see their website for details) and I'd be surprised if Revzilla / Dennis Kirk etc etc weren't stocking it yet. It's a straight bolt on job, and honestly it totally transforms the bike. You won't be taking out Gixxr 1000's but you get the idea.

You'll need a Fuelpak from Vance & Hines or similar, I see A R Harley are selling them ( FuelPak 3) over here, or there's an American chap who sells them on e bay at a good price, trades under the name of bikeparts4less77

Oh forgot to say if you are going to order direct from S&S, phone the order. If you try and order online the website will want $240 ish dollars for shipping! You get a more sensible price over the phone.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What Phil said......Since you already have an aftermarket slip on get the S&S Stealth air cleaner kit with an accompanying Vance & Hines FuelPak 3. The S&S kit really works wonders and you will need the tuner to sort out the fueling. It really changes the SR.....all in good ways!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts