Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Explained my seat modificatiion requirements to Mr. Shankarrao Powar of SP Seat Corner in Nanapeth, Pune and in two days I get exactly what I wanted. This man is really good with 55 years of seat making experience. It only cost me Rs. 1200/- ($20) to get this makeover done but the results (function) are excellent. :). Over the past Sunday, I went with a group of 15 riders to Indapur which is 140 kms (~90 miles) from Pune. The seat provides just the lower back support I needed. With my Viaterra Claw resting on the pillion seat, I'm all set for the EHR.

See pictures below of what my seat looks like now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want one, can I order one from the US?

Pat
Mr. Powar added PU foam on top of my existing seat. He did not create a new one for me. He used the frame of the existing seat. I can check with him on whether he will be able to make a seat for you.

As for ordering one, the main problem is the cost of shipping. I did a look up for a 5 kg box to be shipped from Pune to Austin and Blue Dart Express - an Indian courier company shows the charge as Rs. 8995 which is approximately $150. Shipping a $20 seat for $150 does not make sense. If you know someone from India who can carry the seat for you, it may make better sense. What do you think? Do let me know and I can talk to the Mr. Powar about your seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts