Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I need to get adjustable levers for clutch and brake...anyone replace theirs??

Not yet but I will be. The Street uses standard 3/4" so all after market brands I'm aware of will fit. It's just a question of selecting what you want.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I did not know that!! Thank you for the info...

Let me double check that information for you. My Street 750 is on the rack at my partner's house but I'll be measuring the handlebars (for replacement) tomorrow.

I'll even be looking at replacement controls and might be able to give you a head's up on some quality controls that I find during my search.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me double check that information for you. My Street 750 is on the rack at my partner's house but I'll be measuring the handlebars (for replacement) tomorrow.

I'll even be looking at replacement controls and might be able to give you a head's up on some quality controls that I find during my search.
Okay I'll wait thank you for your help..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anymore information on whether aftermarket levers will work for the Street? My friend has a 750 and can barely reach the clutch with the tip of her finger, making driving in traffic pretty uncomfortable for longer rides.

We have plenty of other bikes with aftermarket levers, but they tend to be very bike-specific. Hoping someone has made some for the Street.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am also looking for adjustable levers. At bike week in Daytona last week I looked at Kuryakyn and J&P neither company had them yet. But assured me that the wider levers with adjustable clutch would be coming. I don't know if they offered adjustable break levers. But nether could tell me when.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any word on adjustable levers. Seems silly that bikes aimed at beginners & women would have non-adjustable levers. The cost really isn't over the top. That ANY bike comes with non adjustable levers is a head shaker

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any word on adjustable levers. Seems silly that bikes aimed at beginners & women would have non-adjustable levers. The cost really isn't over the top. That ANY bike comes with non adjustable levers is a head shaker
Check on Ebay. I picked up a set of adjustable levers for under $100.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Something to consider is how the factory Street lever engages the brake master cylinder. Compare the two photos. The street uses a rod and c clip though the lever, every other bike I've had uses a nub to engage a piston that is more flush in the master cylinder. Look at the photos of the lever closely to make sure it will work unless you want to attempt to drill it and shorten the nub.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I could use a shorter grab for my clutch lever. Not sure what to replace my levers with??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts