Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks , as I don't yet have my street I need some sizes please , whats the outer diameter of the exhaust tube once silencer is removed ?need this for aftermarket silencer purchase also whats the diameter of the chrome front shock sliders / chrome tube ? need this to so size aftermarket headlight brackets , many thanks in advance

merry Christmas
kbull

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
hi folks , as I don't yet have my street I need some sizes please , whats the outer diameter of the exhaust tube once silencer is removed ?need this for aftermarket silencer purchase also whats the diameter of the chrome front shock sliders / chrome tube ? need this to so size aftermarket headlight brackets , many thanks in advance

merry Christmas
kbull
The primary exhaust tubes are 1-1/2" in diameter.

Happy Holidays.
Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
so im looking for a silencer that fits on to a 38 mm pipe ?
cheers
kbull
The "silencer" is inside of the muffler and I'm not sure what diameter that is. I've changed the headlight and used the stock mounting with a couple of spacers. The headlight mounts to the triple-tree and not the fork tubes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hi sorry different terminology from uk to us , we call the inners the baffle , the baffle is within the silencer , some folks remove the silencer which is the whole end tube and get a firebrand or a v&h , im doing the same but fitting an unbranded end tube , what I need to know is once you remove it what the diameter of the part left on the bike is so I can purchase a new end can with the correct tube diameter so it fits , im also fitting new headlights the brackets clamp onto the fork tubes between the triple trees , I need the diameter of the tube so I can get the correct size brackets .
sorry for the confusion I think im replacing the muffler ,
merry christmas
kbull

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
im also fitting new headlights the brackets clamp onto the fork tubes between the triple trees , I need the diameter of the tube so I can get the correct size brackets .
sorry for the confusion I think im replacing the muffler ,
merry christmas
kbull
Still not quite sure what you mean about mounting a different headlight. Below you can see the replacement I made and I did fabricate a new bracket to extend it out from the triple-tree. It would have mounted directly (using the tabs on the headlight shown) but it put the headlight too deep into the triple-tree. I wanted it forward of that which is why I fabricated a couple of extensions (brackets) to move it forward.

I believe the attachment bolt for the headlight is either 8mm or 10mm but don't recall exactly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi , my headlight is mounted at the sides ,2 brackets , the brackets mount on the shock absorber tubes , what size shocks does the street have ? any chance you can put a vernier guague on them and measure the diameter?

as for the exhaust lets say you decide to start making mufflers for Suzuki xl 250 , you need to measure the suzukis exhaust so you know what size muffler to make ,

well im buying mufflers that fit street 750,s exhaust once I find out what size the street 750,s exhausts are .

I just need the sizes ?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
hi , my headlight is mounted at the sides ,2 brackets , the brackets mount on the shock absorber tubes , what size shocks does the street have ? any chance you can put a vernier guague on them and measure the diameter?

as for the exhaust lets say you decide to start making mufflers for Suzuki xl 250 , you need to measure the suzukis exhaust so you know what size muffler to make ,

well im buying mufflers that fit street 750,s exhaust once I find out what size the street 750,s exhausts are .

I just need the sizes ?
Strange headlight. Why did you purchase one that doesn't mount like a typical headlight? My 750 is at the shop where we're working on building a chopper and the shop is closed until after the 1st of the year.

The primary tubes, as I mentioned, are 1-1/2" in diameter and that's what the muffler attaches to. I don't have any information on the internal diameters of the mufflers that can vary by make.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts