• TBR

Votes: 8 32.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No offence!! I may be repetitive.:eek:

But, i want to upgrade stock exhaust to some nice one, i have been following quiet a few threads in different forums. The most common name we come across is Screaming eagle and V&H.
Please suggest the best from below(the ones i have came across from discussions):
1. Screaming eagle
2. V&H
3. TBR
4. Fire Cannon

in terms of price and availability in North India (Delhi/Jaipur)
Any references would be really great.
0:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the V&H on my 750 and I love it. Has a nice rumble and takes away the "sewing machine" sound that the stock muffler has. You should consider getting the ECU flashed regardless of the muffler you choose.

·
Registered
309 Posts
While I'm quite satisfied with the TBR, I have every reason to believe that [all] of the after market contenders are very good and, needless to say, a vast improvement over the stock "sewing machine" sound that comes with every new bike (regardless of make or model) that I know of.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed the Street Merchant Exhaust. Literally 15 min ago and the videos on this thing don't do it justice. It is INCREDIBLY LOUD. I took it for a spin around my block and I couldn't hear myself think. I am loving it so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have the screaming eagle as it was in my price range, i got it from the dealer, sort of wishing i went the more expensive one as its a nice note but i want something that sounds like a real harley.
wouldn't go the screming eagle if i had the chance to do it over, i like my bikes LOUD!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wouldn't go the screming eagle if i had the chance to do it over, i like my bikes LOUD!!!
Screaming eagle seems a direct reject from most of the users believe you for that :)

While I'm quite satisfied with the TBR, I have every reason to believe that [all] of the after market contenders are very good and, needless to say, a vast improvement over the stock "sewing machine" sound that comes with every new bike (regardless of make or model) that I know of.
You are a senior member and i suppose your installation must have included a lot of research, i will have to look for a TBR dealer in India.

I have TBR on my street and I think it has a very nice sound
Point taken

I have the V&H on my 750 .... You should consider getting the ECU flashed regardless of the muffler you choose.
What and why exactly ECU change is required , as what i know the muffler doesn't effects the air intake ratio too much?

I just installed the Street Merchant Exhaust. Literally 15 min ago and the videos on this thing don't do it justice. It is INCREDIBLY LOUD. I took it for a spin around my block and I couldn't hear myself think. I am loving it so far.

I have the Fire Brand Grand Prix on my 750. People love it!!!
Price please ...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It was just under $293 (US) at RevZilla. Had Free Shipping. I ordered on Friday. Received on Monday

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was just under $293 (US) at RevZilla. Had Free Shipping. I ordered on Friday. Received on Monday
I tried but couldn't locate delivery for India. Got the options for Screaming eagle and V&H in Delhi as of now.
Checking for TBR and Fire availability.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Paid $284 from Revzilla. Free shipping. Took 7 days for delivery. It was worth the wait though. Like I said. It is MUCH MUCH louder in person. Everyone's head turned as I passed them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
@Deepacist22,

"You are a senior member and i suppose your installation must have included a lot of research, i will have to look for a TBR dealer in India."

Actually not; a longtime acquaintance at my dealership recommended it when V&H was being late to deliver. I'm certainly glad that he did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Deepacist22,

V&H was being late to deliver. I'm certainly glad that he did.
I have posted the poll and max support was for TBR, unexpely VnH got only one hands up(i didn't expected that). Looking for TBR in India now.
If any of you guys can help, my friend is in Jamaica, if he can get that from somewhere he would carry it with luggage to India.
If you can help or send some link i would ask him to get collected.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My HD Jaipur (India) service guy told me today:

We won't replace anything bought outside (seems fine as per policy). But, the warranty voids for entire bike if you change the exhaust, but if you get it replaced from HDI Service center , only Screaming eagle and VnH are available there the warranty remains intact except for power train.

Seems awkward to me, either it must go with all. What i have learnt from discussions is that Slip-on doesn't effects your warranty.

Please suggest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts