Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ya my bike is starting to slip in 3 and 4th. Who all makes aftermarket clutches for these bikes. I also need a new rear brake.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello Greenranger,

I have had the clutch adjusted 2X on my little 500. 5000 miles on the clock. It was a simple fix at the dealer.
Are you sure you need a new one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly idk. After my rear brake stopped working with my wife on the back I've kinda stopped caring about this bike. By adjust do you mean they adjusted the clutch cable?

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dealer has been doing clutch adjustments as part of the scheduled maintenance. That's the 1K and 5K mile maintenance so far, so sounds like something you need to know if you are dong your own maintenance.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I need to take my 750 in. I'm noticing the slip at 65 mph this past good Friday. I have over 26K and I've had the clutch adjusted once before. As soon as the snow melts that flew today, I'll be taking my 750 in for its 25K mile service check.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There is no clutch adjustment for the Street. There is a cable adjustment. That does not adjust the clutch really only your proper free play. look in the book.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts