Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having any drama with the Neutral light? Seems to be a bit hit and miss for me. Will sometimes show predominately after it's been started, but won't show at he lights, whilst parking etc? Anyone noticed this a bit weird?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I've not had that problem but did find that it's easier to find neutral from 2nd gear than 1st which is opposite from my Sportster where it's easier to find neutral from 1st gear.

If the light isn't staying on when it's in neutral then I'd take it to the dealer and have them check it out. That could be a defective neutral light switch or incorrect adjustment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem with my neutral light...I am making a list for the service department when I take it in for the 1000 mile maintenance.

So far the Lag and Leap and the Neutral Light not working most of the time are the 2 big ones.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've had the neutral light not come on even though it is in neutral many, many times. In fact most of the time. I just wiggle the shift lever a bit with my toe and it comes on. For me it isn't a huge issue, seems like the switch that triggers the light isn't quite positioned right or is a little wonky and just isn't tripping.

Not saying it shouldn't be an issue for you. I hope you get it fixed at your 1K service.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The trigger sensor is smaller than the room allocated in neutral. Lightly tap the shifter and it will illuminate the indicator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The dealership found that my neutral indicator was bad and ordered a new one. It's still on backorder (?!?!), so I don't know how different it will be. I agree with the others, though, that it's much easier to find it from 2nd than 1st (unless you're in traffic, then I find neutral from 1st far too often).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts