Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have been swanning around for a little bit now and it's time to introduce myself.

I picked up a 2015 XG500 for my daughter who is a lovely but tiny person.so finding a bike for her has been a challenge as she is into the Harley Brand and I couldn't sway her otherwise.

So I figure lets get this bike and as she will have it for the next three or so years lets have some fun.

I added stage 1 Screaming Eagle air intake
Custom exhausts
A few simple touches like Harley fuel cap, metal badge and edge cut grips

Just a start but now looking for details and tips on everything else.

I have started a project and hope to build something out of this ride which to date doesn't seem to have a lot of options??

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your daughter.

Actual customisation parts that are 'Street Specific' are not about in great amounts and as such are relatively expensive, especially from HD themselves.

Having said that there are quite a few parts not necessarilly designed to be just for the Street models that will fit it i.e. fairings, screens, LED headlights, LED indicators, heated grips, forward pegs / controls, tachometer, racks, back rests, side bags etc. etc. Ebay stock a good amount of 'bits'.

You may find some idea's here :

https://www.revzilla.com/harley-street-parts

The thing I found most useful is a centre stand - especially if you intend to service the bike yourself or tinker with it on a regular basis.

Plenty of advice available on here ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Botty

I'll be brain picking as we move along.

here is the current stage
Reflectors and fork garters went as did the fairing.

I am hoping handlebars and rims are next if I cant tie down an 'inexpensive' option which I am thinking is a modified sportster rim front and rear.

Datsu.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the two of you! WOW! that 2 into 2 exhaust looks & sounds amazing! I want the same thing!
bike looks awesome, lucky lady!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice bike! The first mod should always be mirror extensions.

HD Part # 56000042

I used some bolts from Home Depot to bolt it to the bike. Then reused some of the original hardware to mount the original mirrors to it. As an added bonus, this also allows you to install standard Harley and aftermarket mirrors for it. And of course provides the ability to see out of the mirrors without ducking your shoulder.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice bike! The first mod should always be mirror extensions.
Haha thanks doggie, but when your bike sounds like a fart in a bucket and wears a HD badge you need to think priorities.

little person can see just fine with these mirrors, pipes maketh machine is my motto. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW! that 2 into 2 exhaust looks & sounds amazing!
Thanks Chabro and as always it sounds better in real life. in fact it sounds very Harley like. Surprised me that I could get that sound out of this engine.

Easy to do just go to an exhaust fabricator and around 900 bucks (same as an off the shelf really) you got yourself what you want - looks and sweet sound.:laugh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Revzilla, Bike Bandit, and J&P Cycles all have tools that will help you find parts and accessories to fit your specific bike.

Botty is quite correct that Street specific parts seem to be kind of scarce. I have stumbled across, then lost, several sites for fabrication shops in India making engine guards, lighting accessories and sissy bars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts