Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just quickly saying hi! My name is Cai and I'm a new rider (still on my L's) from Sydney. The Street 500 is my first bike and I absolutely love it! It's still stock at the moment (apart from a Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-On Muffler and H-D edge cut grips) but I'm currently reading through as many threads here as possible and planning my next couple of mods!

This place seems like a great resource with lots of collective experience so hopefully I can learn a thing or two!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys, just quickly saying hi! My name is Cai and I'm a new rider (still on my L's) from Sydney. The Street 500 is my first bike and I absolutely love it! It's still stock at the moment (apart from a Firebrand Loose Cannon Slip-On Muffler and H-D edge cut grips) but I'm currently reading through as many threads here as possible and planning my next couple of mods!

This place seems like a great resource with lots of collective experience so hopefully I can learn a thing or two!
Welcome mate.
im also form aus with the same bike,
do youi have a video of how the it sounds, im looking for a louder exhaust then the screaming eagle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome mate.
do youi have a video of how the it sounds, im looking for a louder exhaust then the screaming eagle.
thr are few videos posted by fellow members in another post, u can even see few videos on you tube....

·
Registered
84 Posts

Welcome CAI,
U hav taken a right decision to buy a street & to join this forum....as u r definitely gonna luv both of these....

·
Registered
766 Posts
Welcome mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__Is1V6QP8

this is a mediocre video I made of the firebrand loose cannon on my 750. (sorry about our little dogs barking in the background, but they love to ride on anything)

the muffler was originally a bit too loud for my taste so I added the optional db killer baffle....now it sounds just right to me.
I do plan on uploading much better looking and sounding videos as soon as I get time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__Is1V6QP8

this is a mediocre video I made of the firebrand loose cannon on my 750. (sorry about our little dogs barking in the background, but they love to ride on anything)

the muffler was originally a bit too loud for my taste so I added the optional db killer baffle....now it sounds just right to me.
I do plan on uploading much better looking and sounding videos as soon as I get time.
Nice video. It actually sounds pretty much as loud as mine even though you have the db limiter on it, but that might just be the video. I got to hear a few examples in the dealership when buying my bike and the firebrand was by far the nicest sounding. Has a great "meaty" tone to it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is also a guy on you tube named old marine 1 .very good review an he also does mods himself. Very smart about all harleys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I am from Sydney also and have had my street for 10 months now and am loving it.

I have done a few modifications including having my front fairing painted to match the rest of the bike.

there is a guy in Qld who makes slip on mufflers for the Street that have them sounding like the bigger bikes, link below.

Harley Davidson Street 500 Custom Exhaust - Motorcycle Exhaust Professionals

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts