Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Dioris. I am a brand new rider (still have interim license) and a first time bike owner. I literally just walked out of the dealership 15 min ago. They are building my 750 for pickup tomorrow.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome. I am sure that you will soon have a smile that runs from ear to ear once you get into the saddle.

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome aboard! i just got my Street 750 last month. i formerly resided in Staten Island, where my bike was a 2008 V-Rod; but i never managed to ride it to the Bronx (or Jersey, for that matter)

i moved to Philippines last July. couldn't afford to ship the V-Rod, and the Street 750 was the most affordable bike at the Manila H-D dealership (likely because it was assembled in India)

so far only done 280km on the odometer, but that is only because it is still the rainy season here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello people I'm new to forum site so here goes .
I live in Thailand, purchased a 750 about three weeks ago so made in India .
Anyways at 1000kms the bolt holding the drive pulley snapped .the result was a snapped belt and pretty of melted belt through the belt guards .
Not to impressed and have lost some of my confidence in this motorcycle.
HD will repair free of charge .
The service from shop has been good .
But due to import tax 100% into Thailand.
This was not a cheap bike. $20,000.
I'm now looking at up grading to the tune of another $20,000 au
With a sizeable loss on my trade in.
I just wanted to voice my disappointment with the being my first HD .
Good luck to all recent owners.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hello people I'm new to forum site so here goes .
I live in Thailand, purchased a 750 about three weeks ago so made in India .
Anyways at 1000kms the bolt holding the drive pulley snapped .the result was a snapped belt and pretty of melted belt through the belt guards .
Not to impressed and have lost some of my confidence in this motorcycle.
HD will repair free of charge .
The service from shop has been good .
But due to import tax 100% into Thailand.
This was not a cheap bike. $20,000.
I'm now looking at up grading to the tune of another $20,000 au
With a sizeable loss on my trade in.
I just wanted to voice my disappointment with the being my first HD .
Good luck to all recent owners.

welcome to the forum!

sorry to hear about the bad luck, first time i've heard about that problem. once the bugs gets worked out hopefully that'll be the last of any problems....and the tax yall have to pay is insane!

as bad as the start of your ownership has been, and as time goes by, i hope it will all be worth it for you.
these are fun bikes to ride...the more miles the more smiles :) that is what i hope for you....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts