Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all!

I've been reading here for a bit, while shopping for my first motorcycle. Just a week ago, I brought home a 2016 750. I've taken it on a few rides so far, and I'm just loving it. Before pickup, I had the dealer make a modification, swapping out the standard handlebar for a clubman, positioned upside-down (grips up), for a perfect arm position and grip. Now I'm experimenting with different rear-view mirrors, to help me see my six. Picked up a pair of Bike Master Old Schools, and was convinced that was my answer. But when I received them, the screw holes were different from each other, and they did not even fit their own hardware! Returning to revzilla. Maybe for another pair of the same. Because the position and size was just right. I'll post some pics in a day or two.

Anyway, glad to be aboard. Ride safe, all!

Dave in New York.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome and congrats from Long Island NY. I'm new here too but did not get a bike yet although getting one soon. I'm already decided to get the street 750 or maybe 500.

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome. i only rode a V-Rod in NYC 2013-2015 when i lived on Staten Island. was never able to ride upstate during the warm months, i had been stationed at Fort Drum 2001-2005 but didn't have a motorcycle during that time.

from my riding experience a 750 has these advantages over the V-Rod for NYC riding: lighter, more forgiving low-speed maneuverability and better stock suspension. except on the KWV parkway i could rarely put the V-Rod into fifth gear with a wide open throttle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As promised, here are some photos. Revzilla stood behind their mistake and sent me a new pair of mirrors, so now I have them on the bike (which are terrific-much better view than the standards). Plus I have the upside-down clubman handlebars. I added on a phone cradle and mount for a GoPro on the handlebars, plus a small bag on the back, strapped to the seat back and luggage rack.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts