Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
As crappy as it is, it makes sense on Harley's part, just sucks for the end consumer. I imagine the 500's are replacing the Buell Blasts for their Riders Edge course and that was probably their intentions from the get go. I think India got the bikes first so HD could have low key product testing and not worry about backlash while they worked the bugs out before the bikes were released in North America. I waited a year for mine to show up to my igloo.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As crappy as it is, it makes sense on Harley's part, just sucks for the end consumer. I imagine the 500's are replacing the Buell Blasts for their Riders Edge course and that was probably their intentions from the get go. I think India got the bikes first so HD could have low key product testing and not worry about backlash while they worked the bugs out before the bikes were released in North America. I waited a year for mine to show up to my igloo.
Your reasoning could be correct. On the other hand, since the bikes are being manufactured here, the launch here is logical. Having said that, I am not too sure why both models were not launched in India. We have only the Street 750.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It may also have something to do with the license restrictions in other Asian markets where HD India will export. For example, I understand that Australia and New Zealand are only getting the 500. Seems to be due to their cc restrictions for inexperienced riders. I'm sure some of the members from these countries know more details and if this is in fact correct. Maybe some of the other Asian countries have similar restrictions. Does India?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It may also have something to do with the license restrictions in other Asian markets where HD India will export. For example, I understand that Australia and New Zealand are only getting the 500. Seems to be due to their cc restrictions for inexperienced riders. I'm sure some of the members from these countries know more details and if this is in fact correct. Maybe some of the other Asian countries have similar restrictions. Does India?
We do not have any restrictions in India. You have a licence, you can drive. Of course, like any other place, higher the cc or more powerful the machine, higher the insurance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts