Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike seat is gone. It started showing a little crack down in San Antonio. In a matter of months it's now worn out around the back stitching and there's now a huge whole right in the middle of it.

Where can I get a cheap knockoff one that will do the job? I've got tons of miles on mine. I don't want to sink a ton of money in it, but I don't want to let things get worse either.

I look forward to hearing from everyone as always.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw. It looks like with shipping it might be about $100, which is about what I was hoping to only have to spend.

I also need to get some new saddlebags. I have been using the Coleman Motorcycles saddlebag. Those have gotten popular. They used to be only $45, now they're $65.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
There are a couple of things you might consider:
1) Tuffside offers their seat recovering kit for $155 for the stock seat. I know that's more money, but it's an upgraded cover. Your seat is a pressboard core with vinyl and foam stapled to it. Pull the staples, strip off the old, and staple on the new in under 10 minutes.
2) Take the bike to an auto upholstery shop. Many do motorcycles as well.
3) I've been planning on selling my stock seat for the past 3 years. PM me and we can probably work out a price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am getting my oil changed at the moment. We were talking about wrapping my seat, but they said I need a new one, because mine is broken. I'll DM you. That eBay post looks pretty solid, except I'm concerned about the shipping charge.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my new Used seat from eBay. I was disappointed it had a little scratch in it, but it's 100 times better than what happened to my bike. Oddlly, it looks like it wasn't conditioned very well, which begs the question. Is it alright to use Armor All on your seat? That's what I was doing to keep it looking good. Is that alright?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it on my bike. I was a little sad to see the opening on the front was ripped a little. I did only pay $50 or so for it. I lost the replaceable head of my screwdriver putting it on there. I took pictures around the area, because I thought it fell in the grass. I looked at one pic, and there it was. It fell down and was resting on top of the license plate holder connector. lol

I think my mechanics may have figured out what was up with my lagging ride. It looks like it was the coils. Only one cylinder seemed to be firing. We'll see (fingers-crossed).

Has anyone heard anything about this caliper recall? I haven't received anything about it. I googled it, but I haven't heard anything from Harley-Davidson.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts