Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
222 Posts
Here's a thread about it with recall info.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I never really experienced the lag and leap issue with my Street, but under the recall a complete fuel pump system was changed out. Even after the fuel pump replacement I have not had any issues on my bike, only had my first battery replacement last month.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got told it was the wiring harness recently. I was so excited to maybe get it resolved as the top speed is half now. It was going to be a used part and people are speculation easily a grand to fix.

Also, anyone else use their bike for a daily commute? Any creative ideas to get a rental car easily and inexpensively just to have access to a car to avoid weather or haul cargo. I can only think of ERAC atm. Turo is acting weird here like Uber did to me in Houston. I just use Uber and lyft all the time. I wanna find a cheap and easy rental idea. I love my bike, but it's not always practical.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This is how my bike is running today in 40 degree weather not being ridden in a few days. Just outstanding. Makes me wonder if there's a clog or a temperature sensor that got messed up. It smells and looks like a real gas mixture.

·
Super Moderator
449 Posts
I'm wondering if there is some contaminant or debris in the fuel that clogs a line, then settles out when the bike sits, then gets stirred up again when the bike is in regular use.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tried to post the vid. I was about to delete the last post. Ty 4 the reply.

Hmm, maybe so. I hear some times the jets spraying like when you hold the end of a hose to get extra pressure. I got a good suggestion, so that's just as good. It went right back to it's normal self, as I was leaving.

I wonder how you get rid of that other than draining and cleaning the tank.

·
Super Moderator
449 Posts
Draining the tank would be the way to go. You might be able to siphon the gas from the very bottom of the tank to vacuum up a bit, filter the gas, and pour it back into the tank.

Another possibility is that your fuel injectors are clogged. Cleaning them is beyond anything that I have done, but you can always search online for how-to guides.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'll check the injectors. I googled cleaning a tank. I saw some interesting articles. One involved the concept of water in there. It had rained the day before it went bad. The gas I could have used could have been largely water.

I'll research some kind of vacuum. Maybe like you said there's some loose debris that sits on it and on occasion it gets out of the way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I opted for this atm. I'm going to let my gas tank get lower first. STP online is what first drew me to this as an option. I was using Seafoam which is a motor treatment often but a while back. I guess it's not the same as I had thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
To get back to the conversation at hand, I did notice a tiny horseshoe shaped tear in my new 2nd hand bike seat that I bought. Any suggestions on covering it up, or repairing it, or just leave well enough alone?

I'm thinking Masta Plasta at first blush. It's up on the back right. I don't touch that area much I don't think.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts