Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my first "riding gear".
I did a ton of research and many many hours of reading/watching YouTube videos on motorcycle gear. I narrowed it down to the Klim K Fifty 1 Pants Klim K Fifty 1 Jeans - RevZilla
And the Icon 1000 Truant CE boots in brown Icon 1000 Truant CE Boots - RevZilla

What are your thoughts on my choices and what would any of you suggest for riding gear OR what are your thoughts on protective gear in general?
(Btw, I had to work a lot of overtime for that gear, so if it sucks please tell me so I can return it) THANKS!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think you did a great job on the gear. Love the boots, so I will be ordering those as well in black. But as for the jeans, I liked the Scorpion brand Jean better. They are essentially the same just scorpion is a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
367 Posts
First time I'd heard of Klim jeans, but they have all the right stuff including hip padding which a lot of the cheaper riding jeans don't have so I wouldn't object to them though the heavy wash and light color isn't my preference. I haven't used Icon boots, but I'm sure they're comparable to my Teknic boots which I do really like for riding but not walking in for extended amounts of time. Also not great when stuck in the rain. After about 4 seasons (guessing) I have a broken buckle on one boot and the sole is separating from the other, but still almost new looking tread. If I can find a cobbler I'll see if he can't repair them at a decent price.

I just picked up a pair of TCX S-Sportour WP on closeout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VSxEtn3zA They just came in today. Tried them on, instantly more comfortable than my work boots. So glad I got them. Aside from tons of protection it'll be nice not to worry about water logged feet...did I mention they're effing comfortable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts