Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought a 2008 rod with V&H pipes. I think that's the only mod. What tuner would be best? Other mods??

thanks

·
Super Moderator
399 Posts
You need to clarify the year and model of your Street Rod. H-D used the name "Street Rod" on the VRSCR variant of the V-Rod in the 2006-07 time frame. They didn't start making the xg750a Street Rod that we mostly cater to here until 2017.

I've used the Fuel Pack 3 with my 2016 Street 750. It's pretty much the most simple and least expensive tuner on the market. The process was simple and the results noticeable by everybody who has ridden the bike. I have also used the FP3 with my 2007 Sportster without issues, but can't say the results were as noticeable.

In the United States, the status of your warranty may determine your choice of tuner. The EPA decided that tuners were devices intended to defeat pollution control equipment and went after H-D for allowing tuners to be plugged into their bikes. To get the EPA off their backs H-D entered into a consent decree forcing them to cancel the power train warranty on model year 2017 and later bikes if they are tuned with anything other than the Screaming Eagle tuner from H-D.

If your bike is older than MY 2017, the warranty is expired, or you don't care about the warranty you are free to choose whichever tuner you prefer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 2008 rod with V&H pipes. I think that's the only mod. What tuner would be best? Other mods??

thanks
When it comes to XG750A the ONLY tuner that has a good set of maps is V&H FP3. Bryan dyno tunes ALL the XG750A bikes and even rides an XG750A. On top of that he dyno tunes XG750A Hooligan race bikes.

I use V&H FP3 with S&S Stealth intake and two maps from Bryan. The difference is crazy...

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
118 Posts
That's a good pickup. The touque curve is very flat with lots of touque down low, that's the seat of pants power I like.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's a good pickup. The touque curve is very flat with lots of touque down low, that's the seat of pants power I like.
It made a HUGE difference. Peak HP came up 10% but TQ in the middle came up 15% and that is quite significant.

The flat TQ curve is where the fun and feel is at. Excellent throttle feel and response and a less heat from the heads and exhaust as well.

Bryan says the stock airbox is just too restrictive since these XG750A engines turn 9,000 RPM stock and 9,500 RPM with open intake and proper map.

Bryan really know what he's doing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts