Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I looked into getting drag bars for my 750, I ordered the ones available on the HD website.. They told me I would've had to pay another $600 for new cables because they weren't long enough.. I by no means have the tools or know how to actually do it myself. I like the biltwell trackers but will I need new cables if they're too long or too short? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a set of bars that will give me a more aggressive position without needing new cables?

·
Registered
32 Posts
When I looked into getting drag bars for my 750, I ordered the ones available on the HD website.. They told me I would've had to pay another $600 for new cables because they weren't long enough.. I by no means have the tools or know how to actually do it myself. I like the biltwell trackers but will I need new cables if they're too long or too short? Or does anyone have a suggestion on a set of bars that will give me a more aggressive position without needing new cables?
Hey Ricky I dont know if this will help but I just did the Harley drag bars on my 500 and used all the stock cables with no issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ricky I dont know if this will help but I just did the Harley drag bars on my 500 and used all the stock cables with no issues.

Those look great!! Which bars are those? And did you have to reroute them in any way? Again in going to have my local Harley dealership install them but last time I tried with the bars on the HD website they told me I'd need new ones

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those look great!! Which bars are those? And did you have to reroute them in any way? Again in going to have my local Harley dealership install them but last time I tried with the bars on the HD website they told me I'd need new ones
Those are the Harley-Davidson drag bars. I don't know what a dealer will tell you if you have them install the bars as I put mine on myself and no I didn't have to reroute anything other than cut the zip ties off and put new ones on when done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the Harley-Davidson drag bars. I don't know what a dealer will tell you if you have them install the bars as I put mine on myself and no I didn't have to reroute anything other than cut the zip ties off and put new ones on when done.
They told me for those exact bars I would need new cables. I guess im ping to look into doing it myself. Doesn't seem too difficult based off a lot of people doing it I figure.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts
Where did you get that seat? And how much?
@Jmiske1 hasn't been around for the last 9 months, so he isn't likely to be responding. I did some digging through his old posts and found one from 2016 where he says it's the stock seat under a Tuffside.com recovering kit. The last time I checked I think they were around $155, but were no longer available for the tall boy seat that I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts