Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Welcome!

Looks like you might end up being the first member on here to own a HD Street 500! :)

Do they sell both the Street 500 and 750 over there?
not yet from what I've read, I did however think that Harley was going to hold off on the 500 for India until at least next year... HMMM

Oh and welcome to the boards @bigshano, congrats on getting your name down!

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hi all,
Just ordered my new HD Street 500 from Geelong Harley, arrives Sept and cant wait to share my journey. Best dealership and best customer service!!
Peace
September!!! That's awesome news, when did you put your deposit down?

I put my deposit down at Blacktown Harley three days after the Milan release, still have not been told a final price or a delivery date.

I will be making some calls tomorrow. September would be so much better than bloody January 2015!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
not yet from what I've read, I did however think that Harley was going to hold off on the 500 for India until at least next year... HMMM

Oh and welcome to the boards @bigshano, congrats on getting your name down!
Nothing said about Australia where Bigshano is from...

I don't see why they would only sell one and not the other over there.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
interesting

why is that?
rest of the world is getting the 750 first it seems

As discussed in another thread, HD are targeting this bike at learner riders here in Australia. Every state in this country except for one has a limit of 660cc for learner riders.

The 883 range is already a good seller here & my guess is that HD figure the 750 is not worth releasing here as most riders will graduate from the 500 straight to an 883 or larger model.

With some reports now claiming that the 750 will leave an 883 eating its dust, it will be interesting to see if that policy remains or if they possibly drop the 883 models here & have the 1200 sportster as the entry level air cooled model.

I hope I don't sound like I am "anti 883", nothing could be further from the truth. I love the Iron 883 & would already be riding one if the law here would permit me to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts