Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey what's up guys and gals! Had my bike a couple years now and decided it's time I post up some of its progress and maybe answer any questions people might have. I have a 2015 xg500 with everything done by me including frame modifications, custom exhaust, ape hangers, solo seat, led taillight strip, led headlight, speedo relocation, license plate relocation, lowering struts, and that's all I can think of for now. I thought of the look I wanted when I got the bike and made it happen so I'll post up some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That certainly is an interesting look you have there. It's good to see people willing to put in the work to modify these little bikes we have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I figure if I'm going to have the bike a while might as well make it my own. Also to add, I cut the rear frame where the fender support was and welded in some spikes to fill the holes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@matuapopeye Originally I had a piece of aluminum that I used as a seat for a while and self tapped it directly to the frame. Then I bought a springer seat off Amazon and took the springs off and just used the stock bolt to mount the seat and took off the aluminum so the wires and ecu are exposed but seem to be holding up fine. It's all weatherproofed harnesses anyways, I've washed the bike multiple times with zero issues but it's an easy fix to cover them up if needed to, if you have any more questions let me know @edgar thanks man! @connor thanks man, you too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try to post more in depth posts about the stuff I've done to the bike for any curious people out there wanting to do the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@wke002 thanks man, @CageFree they are tc bros 8 inch mini apes, all stock cables but I had to do some rerouting to get the cables and wires to stretch when at full turn, everything is fine except the clutch cable is a little tight when turned all the way right and I turned the clutch lever down so it's a little awkward if you aren't used to it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts