Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2017 Street Rod 750 about 2 months ago, bought it used with 312 miles on it. Since buying it I have added vance and hines exhaust, vance and hines fender eliminator, k&n air filter, screaming eagle 10mm spark plug wires, led headlight, willie g skull engine cover, and have bought a fuelpac fp3 tuner, but I won't have that till next week. Also had the seat repadded with memory foam for a real nice ride.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
324 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Good looking bike. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you've been customizing it a lot, you are leaving plenty of riding time, right? ;)

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
552 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You will find that the FP3 really wakes up the bike with the pipe and intake installed.

One mod that you didn't call out was the phone holder. I like that one. I've been using a Ram X-mount that isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

Did you recover the seat yourself or take it to a shop?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from Houston Texas. Good looking bike. Glad you joined us. Sounds like you've been customizing it a lot, you are leaving plenty of riding time, right? ;)
Unfortunately I haven't had a ton of time lately to ride due to work as I've been on call basically every other week with some crappy weather in between, so I've only put about 600 miles on it so far. The mods were installed in between calls while working so I could maximize my riding lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! You will find that the FP3 really wakes up the bike with the pipe and intake installed.

One mod that you didn't call out was the phone holder. I like that one. I've been using a Ram X-mount that isn't exactly confidence inspiring.

Did you recover the seat yourself or take it to a shop?
That's just like a $15 phone mount off amazon, works great so far, but its all plastic. And I paid to have the seat repadded, I was at an event one of the local dealers was putting on and a guy there did it for $200, shaved off like an inch of the stock foam, added memory foam, and shaved areas where I was getting pressure points. He really custom fit the seat to me and it made a world of difference.

The funny thing is when I was getting the seat done, people kept looking at the bike trying to figure out what the **** it was. The only other street series there was the training school bike. It's definitely an uncommon bike around here for some reason. I love it because it's like the perfect middle ground of a cruiser and a sportbike. Its basically if a Ninja and a sportster had a demon child the street rod would be it.

Ive owned a 2000 Ninja 250r, 2014 Ninja 650r, 2010 Buell Blast, 2005 Ninja 500r, and now my 2017 Street Rod 750. I've always been a ninja fan, Buell was cheap so I tried it out and it was fun to toy with but overall kinda sucked lol.

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I ask those questions because we've had several seat recovering questions come up in other threads.

You also mentioned the uphoslterer dealt with some pressure points. We've had a couple of members who liked their Street Rods but had to give them up due to hip pain caused by the riding position. Good to know that customizing the seat goes a long way to making the bike more comfortable.

Streets and Street Rods are pretty rare in the United States. Most of us haven't seen another one in the wild. Something like 2/3 of them were manufactured and sold overseas. That's a whole other thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. I ask those questions because we've had several seat recovering questions come up in other threads.

You also mentioned the uphoslterer dealt with some pressure points. We've had a couple of members who liked their Street Rods but had to give them up due to hip pain caused by the riding position. Good to know that customizing the seat goes a long way to making the bike more comfortable.

Streets and Street Rods are pretty rare in the United States. Most of us haven't seen another one in the wild. Something like 2/3 of them were manufactured and sold overseas. That's a whole other thread.
My main pressure point was the tailbone so the guy shaved off alot there to leave it a low spot, and as far as the seat cover it is the original cover, just had the foam underneath replaced. I know my dad had a gel pad put in his seat on his street glide, but that's also alot larger of a seat.

I actually like the riding position on the street rod as it's more aggresive like a sport bike. I hate forward controls so these are great for me. I think if I were any taller I'd have issues but I'm 6ft and ride just fine.

I've seen a few street 500s and 750s around, but have yet to see a street rod that wasnt at a dealership, and even there it's a rarity.

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
Yea, that little bit of orange on the skull really makes it pop. Have you considered doing the same with the logo on the other side?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, that little bit of orange on the skull really makes it pop. Have you considered doing the same with the logo on the other side?
I'm still thinking about it, I'm like 50/50 on if I want the bar and shield to be orange as well. I have plenty of paint left, just not the most steady of hands. BTW duplicolor chevy orange is the same as harley orange. Matched my rear springs perfect.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome from the greater Stuttgart area. Look in my pictures, I also used some orange color. Is that too much (orange) for your taste? I'm still thinking about making the ignition cables in orange, just like you have them. Greetings enRico

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from the greater Stuttgart area. Look in my pictures, I also used some orange color. Is that too much (orange) for your taste? I'm still thinking about making the ignition cables in orange, just like you have them. Greetings enRico
Yea I was more wanting small accents of orange, not entire covers or panels. The bike looked weird with only orange rear springs from the factory and everything else black and grey.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Riders! I did some mods on my 2016 street 750 and enjoying the ride. Most recent is the exhaust pipe wrap. Below is the video. Subscribe to my channel for more mod videos on street 750!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since I am bored being in quarantine since I have covid, I decided to get the orange accents done on the right of the bike.

I like it alot more than I thought I would

·
Super Moderator
552 Posts
I think you nailed it with the orange highlights. Any more orange would be over doing it, but just those bits really pop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts