Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm a new member to the forum. I have a 2005 Sportster XL883L that I upgraded to a 1250. I've always had problems with it and now I've been thinking of trading it in for the new Street 750. My bike hauls and it has the look I want. My issue is I'm tired of dumping money into it to fix leaks, new parts, batteries, etc.

Has anyone traded their 1200 in for a 750?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
well i downsized from a 1250cc 2008 V-Rod, only because i can't afford to have one here in Philippines. other than a fork leak that was fixed under warranty and going thru three sets of tires over 12000 miles, never had any other issues mechanically with the V-Rod.

street750 in comparison to a V-Rod feel like the 750 is almost a throwaway learner bike, but i learned to like the 750 because it handles far better than V-Rod and is less than half the sticker price of the VRSC

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi. I'm a new member to the forum. I have a 2005 Sportster XL883L that I upgraded to a 1250. I've always had problems with it and now I've been thinking of trading it in for the new Street 750. My bike hauls and it has the look I want. My issue is I'm tired of dumping money into it to fix leaks, new parts, batteries, etc.

Has anyone traded their 1200 in for a 750?

Thoughts?

Thanks.
I will tell you I had the shift shaft seal and neutral switch seal both go out and start leaking oil at about 2500 miles. I now have 2700 miles and the shift shaft seal appears to be leaking oil again. I've seen a lot of other people with issues as well. I would personally advise against a Street but I am a little biased because of the issues I've had.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm at 3500 miles, doesn't use a drop of oil. Has been incredibly reliable and fun to ride. I got the 500 because I was going for gas mileage (which I get in spades). I think you'll love the 750. Toss on a V&H or K&N intake, one of the many exhaust (cough, Firebrand Grand Prix, cough) and an FP3 tune to match, and you'll be loving it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts